• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fw190A-5 JG54 * * F I N I S H E D * * (More pics)

Fw190A-5 JG54 - 'Pit & Fuselage progress

Thanks Bob. No biggie, and I got the CA now. Stand-by for more progress later today or more likely tomorrow my time. After tomorrow modelling will be way down the list as the aforementioned 'little Stormtroopers' break-up for summer holidays/recess...

...then you can send as many :zen as you want !!

Ian

Fw190A-6 JG54 - Built !!

Cut the tailwheel from the leg, then drilled a wee hole in both and CA'd some fuse wire to act as a vertical axle so I can off-set it later:

Also added the brake-lines with different gauges of wire and 'foiled' the oleos:

Close-in look at the wells. Nothing special here just a wash and drybrush. I'll need to get that rubbing-down dust outta there !!

And to finish-off, three 'general views:

Thanks for looking, as ever all comments crits and queries welcomed. Dunno when I'll be able to do any more, the 'little stormtroopers' broke-up for summer hols today. Anything could and may possibly happen in the next 7 weeks :gogo .

Ian

Fw190A-6 JG54 - Built !!

The pit looks great, the wheel wells and landing gear look awesome. Beautiful work Ian (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Fw190A-6 JG54 - Built !!

Bit of a faux pas. As you know I was building this as an A6, but re-reading my refs, it seems that the A6 was only produced in the summer of 1943, just as the Kursk campaign was kicking-off and less than a handful made it to the front.

Almost all of I/JG54's Fw190's that were committed were A4's & A5's. So, off came those (ugly) overwing breech covers for the outer cannons, and the appertures I'd opened-up under the wing leading edge were filled,

Now it's an A5 again.

Ian

Fw190A-5 JG54 - Dec 26 minor update

Couple of shots of the work done to get it back to an A-5...

Like I mentioned, nothing too taxing, and all done now. The prominent shell ejection chutes are removed too.

Here's a sketch of the camo pattern I'm going to try to apply:

Instead of going for the very complex and easy to scr*w-up multiple dapple/mottle scheme like Emil Langs' 'Black 7' I'm adapting a more (to my eye) appealing pattern used by the likes of Norbert Hannig, and Anton Marder. The Factory pattern was oversprayed in two greens, then extended down the sides of the sirframe in no particular pattern, and then a tan/light earth brown added randomly.

Not too certain on this one...

...and that is the challenge in taking-it-on in the first place !!

Stay tuned.

Ian

Fw190A-5 JG54 - Dec 26 minor update

Glad to see this Fw 190 getting one of the more unusual paint schemes.

Matrixone

Fw190A-5 JG54 - Paint going-on

Pre-shading:

And today got some Lifecolour RLM76 on the undersides, the yellow theatre bands have already been sprayed, 'Kleared' and masked.

Another light coat should blend that pre-shading down nicely !! - Stay tuned and because we're twelve hours ahead of GMT - (yep we live 'in the future' here in NZ) - A very happy, peaceful and prosperous 2014 to everyone here on MA, for us it's just six-and-a-half hours to New Year, so I may not be around (or sober) later.

Ian

Not far behind you mate, 2014 only 8 hours away.

Love the paint job there, the pre-shading seems to work perfectly. I have tried it before but looking at your model, I realise I should have put more contrast into it. Next one will be different :D

Same wishes for you mate, all the best for 2014. :drinks :drinks :drinks

Nice work on the preshading, don't let it get lost in the painting :popcorn

Fw190A-5 JG54 - Camo done

All Tamiya acrylics:
Dark Green XF61, Deep Green XF26, both mixed with a little Yellow Green XF4 and Flat Earth XF52 mixed with 30% Orange:

Bobs prediction/warning that I could lose the pre-shading proved partly true, but I'll be able to compensate with a little post-shading and (general) light weathering. Would really appreciate any feedback or comments/suggestions. I think I'm happy with it :hmmm

Over to you lot.

Ian

Nice looking paint job . Very attractive :D I have not done one of these yet :(

Cheers, Christian B)

Great painting job here...the pre shadow looks fantastic...vey inspiring for me... :popcorn

:drinks

Luiz

Back