• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

First print a tire

Robertp

Here is my first print. It is a tire for an Opel Blitz. The printer is a Saturn 3 ultra. The resin is Sirata Tech (recommended by jknaus). The biggest learning curve is not the printer, but the slicer software. Lychee slicer has a unique way of choosing the resin. You can pick peoples recommendations that have worked for them. I did no calibration just right to print. I am very happy with it.
IMG_E2502.JPG
IMG_E2502.JPG

Looking good. I tried Lychee Slicer and gave up, having more luck with Chitubox. If you're looking for Opel Blitz wheels and or parts check Cult3D. Homebrew made some very nice tires and someone else made parts, dont remember who.Been kind of wondering about giving the new Saturn 4 a whirls, but while it has some new features it also has a reversion on some features. Love the Saturn 3.
James

Cults3d does have some nice files. Thanks for the tip. The ultra 3 had a few bells and whistles over the 3. This print came out perfect, so I won't be moving to Saturn 4. The tire looks molded not printed. I got the ultra 3 cause the price was great. Saturn 4 is coming out so the 3 has some very good deals.

Back