• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Finish MS.406

Bob, this is not a good example. The picture I had in mind is hiding at this time.

Look at that Spit though. It is not weathering evenly :hmmm

2526700539_dfb89050d1_o.jpg

If I find the other picture I will post it but it's much worse than this.

Cheers, Christian B)

wonder why the leading edges are less faded? Take a little thinned Buff and hit some high spots. :popcorn

wonder why the leading edges are less faded? Take a little thinned Buff and hit some high spots.

Well I'll do something . I find those pictures inspirational. Might go on both sides of the shade.

Cheers, Christian B)

Now that the LA-7 is done I can play with this one . I have been working on dirtying and fading the paint job today.

thooty_001a.jpg

' It needs a few more things but I should be able to finish by tomorrow. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Christian

Thanks guys . It does look pretty interesting for such an ugly little plane .

Makes me want to do a DO 17 in Finish colors ( :rotf )

Thanks for looking as always . Cheers, Christian B)

Now that the LA-7 is done I can play with this one . I have been working on dirtying and fading the paint job today.

thooty_001a.jpg

' It needs a few more things but I should be able to finish by tomorrow. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Christian

That looks really nice :notworthy

Thanks guys. This has proven to be a very appealing little kit. Although somewhat annoying at times.

I had no idea that the finishing touches would include so much mayhem . . but it did.]

The first caused by a miss adventure with a paint bottle that caused the radiator and all the components of the left gear to fly their own routes across the room .

MS_406_to_the_finish_001a.jpg

As airplane builders probably know, once a gear is broken it remains a problem :stinker .

Well, here it is on jacks getting repaired the second time . The Humbrol tin is to help it dry at the correct angle.

MS_406_to_the_finish_012a.jpg

But here we are. This one's for Saul . GRRRRRR !

MS_406_to_the_finish_003a.jpg

MS_406_to_the_finish_004a.jpg

MS_406_to_the_finish_006a.jpg

MS_406_to_the_finish_007a.jpg

MS_406_to_the_finish_009a.jpg

MS_406_to_the_finish_008a.jpg

I'm calling this one done, but I'll try to get a bit more loaded latter.

Thanks for looking. Comments welcome, just not in Finish . :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Back