• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Finish MS.406

Thanks for the nice words Paul.

This evening I started to instal some decals . I'm substituting all the Hasegawa I can since I have not had good luck with them recently.

decals_001a.jpg

More tomorrow . Thanks for looking . Comments welcome.

Cheers, Christian B)

Hey Christian, that looks really top notch! Great job on the painting! It'll look great once you get the mouth on it!

Can I ask what paints you used for the black and green of the Finnish pattern? I have a Do.22 I want to make as a Finnish plane someday.

:popcorn

Hi guys . Here I am, fighting the toothy grin .

There is the reason I saved it for last is because I wanted to see how the decals would behave before I got to this part.

They are actually behaving OK but who ever drew them up never actually bothered to try them afterwards.

They just don't fit ( too big ). So , I removed them and carefully trimmed the clear film and sliced the decals to make them smaller .

Pictures to follow, once they settle into place.

Cheers, Christian B)

Well, I got the face to semi fit . The instructions don't tell you that you must cut though the eyes for the exhaust pipe and the face had to be trimmed in the center to fit around the grill.

All is still shrinking in place.

decals_005a.jpg

decals_006a.jpg

Thanks for looking . Comments are welcomed.

Cheers, Christian

I never can get those nose decals to fit right, good job Chris!

Well Bob when the decals refuse to fit I have been know to cut them where I can and hand paint the rest in :sick: Not that I like it but I have done more than one in the past .

science_project_2_001a%7E0.jpg

Since reaching this point, I decided to have some fun with the paint. Not a completed product but I'm having fun. :)

science_project_001a.jpg

I have added some more small details but tha's still in progress as well.

Thanks for looking . Comments welcomed.

Cheers, Christian B)

It looks really good, Chris! I especially like the treatment around the prop. (y) :drinks

Weird looking art work but I like this plane. Great work Chris! :popcorn

All the best!
Dusan.

Thank you guys for the encouraging comments.

Yes Dusan it's an odd duck. My main reason for selecting this particular aircraft.

Some more baby steps today . Got it up on the gears and hung that crazy looking radiator :facepalm

Can't help but wonder how quick this thing might have been with better aerodinamics.

GRRrrrrr_21_002a.jpg

I still have some detailing to do but I'm wondering about the fading . I think it's to even.

GRRrrrrr_21_001a.jpg

Any opinions out there ?
Thanks for looking . Cheers, Christian

Back