• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Finish MS.406

Don't know what to say Chris, stay at it. Maybe fill up the wheel wells with putty and use the dremal to get basic shape then the rest by hand...or finger?

The last picture you saw was the putty try Bob. :(
I'll come up with something . A new wing would still would be the preferred option since I had to grind that one out to make the non fitting Aires kit squeeze in there.

Cheers, Christian B)

Well the sad news is that the Dremel had it's way with the wing this morning and the wing did not survive the operation :(

However there is good news as well. I found a deal on parts on Ebay and replacements will be on the way soon :)

Please stand by !

Cheers, Christian B)

Well the sad news is that the Dremel had it's way with the wing this morning and the wing did not survive the operation :(

However there is good news as well. I found a deal on parts on Ebay and replacements will be on the way soon :)

Please stand by !

Cheers, Christian B)
I am standing by in anticipation :mpup

I was busy, and there is so many new posts on MA I can't see everything. I'm sorry I missed this Chris! Great looking plane.

:popcorn

All the best!
Dusan.

The new wing arrived Friday.

new_wing_001a.jpg

I had enough time Saturday to scribe it, so last night I began to build bits and pieces for the wheel wells . Plan D. at this point

First I glued in some circles slightly wider than the wells , followed by a strip that represents the walls.

new_wing_039a.jpg

When those pieces were dried enough I trimmed the upright walls to match the wing contours.

Next I trimmed and bent some PE to fit the wheel wells triangular portions and glued them in with some Future.

new_wing_041a.jpg

At this point, I knew that this would work out so I sealed any remaining cracks with white glue and sprayed it with some paint to see what problems might still need work.

MS_406_Weel_wells_002a.jpg

The wing is now glued in place but some sprue will is needed to fill that nasty gap at the fuselage.

Thanks for looking. Comments are welcome . Thanks for all the suggestions .

Cheers, Christian B)

Hello all. Just a tidbit of progress here but it is still moving.

The ever changing weather seems to have gotten to me again but that too will pass.

As well as filling the gap on the belly, I have added some home made brass detail.

Gun Barrels, gear position indicator and I just outright replaced the tail braces as they probably would just have been broken anyway. :(

Some masking and primer ,

snagle_tooth_002a.jpg

Ah, and the ever so important little intake grilles from Eduard

Finally, the necessary yellow markings and a coat of Future

snagle_tooth_005a.jpg

Now, some drying time..... Comments welcomed . :)

Thanks for looking, Christian B)

Hi James . Been doing that for a long time now. it's only over the actual paint.

The reason is, when I get to my next coat of paint I can always clean up any paint that might go astray without damaging the previous coat.

I'll do it again between the green and black also.

Cheers, Christian B)

French or Finish :idonno Personally , I think that a Finish group singing French love songs would be Hummm intriguing :yipee

This week, I have concentrated most of my efforts on this project. Being sick has alowed me more bench time . I guess there is some good in that after all. :sick:

After the yellow areas were masked I proceeded with the green topcoat .

fresh_updates_002a.jpg

Yesterday I masked it off again and shot some black paint :( and then corrected my errors with more green.

fresh_updates_005a.jpg

This morning, I shot the blue on the bottom and unveiled all the colors :drinks

fresh_updates_008a.jpg

Now you can strike up the bands Mike !

fresh_updates_007a.jpg

It is starting to look like an angry little wasp .

Now, on to another coat of future . Thanks for looking in.

Comments, welcome . Cheers, Christian B)

Back