• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Finish coat

Mo_

What are you guys useing as a finish coat? I've been using alclads finish for a while now but looking to try something different. Has anyone tried the Mig lucky varnish?

I have used the Ultra Flat Lucky Varnish, it's really dead flat, but you have to shake the sh!t out of it.

Alcad Aqua gloss or flat for me. OR the Model Masters line. I haven't used Future in a long long time.

I've been using Testors lacquers until recently. I'm slowly starting a shift to Tamiya paints as my Testors supplies run out. I've been having some luck w/ Tamiyas gloss (x22) as I'm getting the mix (paint/thinner/retarder) dialed in.

My go to gloss is the Tamiya x22. I mainly thin with Mr level thinner. I like it because its not affected much by the washes I use.

My latest has been Tamiya X-22 with the leveling thinner . Followed a while latter by a spray of 100 % leveling thinner . The easiest and most glossy so far for me. Pretty much ( me ) proof .

Back