• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fieseler Fi 103A-1 ''Buzz Bomb'' 1/48 scale Tamiya

matrixone

Here is the 1/48 scale Fi 103 I built as a side project while working on the Nakajima Type 11 Nightfighter.

The model was built O.O.B., the model was painted as a late 1944 production V-1 and thats the reason for the multi-colored paint scheme, in order to avoid loss of production from bombing attacks the Germans dispersed production and relied on subcontractors to build the components for the V-1 and the parts did not often have matching paint schemes or colors.

403590300.jpg

403590284.jpg

403590295.jpg

403590383.jpg

403590382.jpg

403590380.jpg

403590379.jpg

403590378.jpg

403590292.jpg

403590287.jpg

...and here is the Zubringerwagen minus the missile
403590289.jpg

Matrixone

Awesome. Really like the multi scheme paint job. Will have to remember that for when I do mine. Another most excellent a/c.
James

Thanks for looking Gary and James!

James,
I have the Monogram V-Missiles Of The Third Reich book and there are some great photographs in there of some rather wild looking camo schemes on some of the V-1s. If you can find that book grab it because its really good.

Matrixone

Very nice Les . They did throw a lot of left over things together in late war . Nice paint job (y)

Really like the wood blocks as well :drinks

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Moon Puppy, Dave, and Christian!

Christian,
Glad you noticed the wood blocks on the Zubringerwagen, most builds of this kit I have seen have the wood blocks painted as if they were metal which is incorrect. Wood blocks were used to cradle the V-1 because it would not damage the bottom of the V-1.

Matrixone

Thanks Chef and Ryan!

Ryan,
The wooden blocks were painted in the following steps...a base coat of light tan was airbrushed on and then using a very fine brush I hand painted some dark brown stripes for the wood grain effect. Using some unmixed dullcoat I made a clear varnish with some orange and rust colored paint and airbrushed that on. It sounds like a lot of work to do but was not that hard of a job, to me the results were worth the extra effort because it avoids the same look that all the other models of the Zubringerwagen have.

Matrixone

Back