• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

FAA Avenger/Tarpon

Paulw

1/32 Trumpeter TBF-1C. This is a pretty large kit in its own. I got this idea from some where deep in my shallow mind and thought it would be a welcomed change of pace from me (considering all the starts and never finish kits I have done in the last year.)

This is sort of my way of honoring the guys who you hardly ever hear about.
I dont have any history to write about here but maybe after some research I can come up with something that may be of interest to everybody.

So far all I have are the engine (mostly completed) and the front part of the pit dry fitted.

What is next? The 1/32 B-17? :rotf

Seriously, thix will be a monster, but what a great subject! What color are you using in the pit?

This kit has so much potential for super detailing it is sort of scary. I just wish I had the patience to do it.
Well most of the innards are done and I figure I have aft compartment and gun turret left to do before I go on to something else. I like the way it is shaping up so far.

You may have seen most of this before but this is pretty involved with a boat load of parts and many more to go.

the bomb bay stantions will be painted at a later time along with the bay door actuators. I will be slinging a torp under as well.

These are so impressive when they're done, even with the wings folded they're pretty huge !! Looking forward to seeing this develop.

Ian

Wow , really nice interior for OB . I've never seen an Avenger build like this.

In comparison to the engine the crew space really accentuates the fact that this is such a large bird. (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Masking is such a drudgery but you've done a nice on a lot of clear parts. This will be impressive once done.
Looking forward to more of this build.

Geoff

I missed this with my infrequent visits lately!

Looking nice Paul, you've done a great job on the innards so far.

:popcorn

51.gif
Well, the turret is done.
68.gif

I spent about a total of six hours masking and working to get the whole assembly together. the seat part of the turret is about the most fiddly. I had a pe sight ring but that broke off and vanished before it hit the floor.
Anyway here are some pics.

the turret glazing is a pretty good press fit. And now for my disclaimer..."It would have looked better if I hadn't had to fight my grand kids all week end." I did some touch up to the carriage and the trunnion supports but all in all I am satisfied.

Back