• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

FAA Avenger/Tarpon

You go Paul! Good job masking, be sure to seal that mask with some future before painting. Think I would have had to go with the stripped decal paper but those round ones would have been a fit!

Here we go. I am getting ready to close up the fuse and see where I have made my subtle goofs. If oit closes up with out any problems then I am ok. I thought I would lay some wash inside but that seems to be something that would not show when closed up due to the tight spaces inside. So far it has been a pretty enjoyable build and no issues other than my involvement.

I hope you like the Torpedo.

Here we go. I am getting ready to close up the fuse and see where I have made my subtle goofs. If oit closes up with out any problems then I am ok. I thought I would lay some wash inside but that seems to be something that would not show when closed up due to the tight spaces inside. So far it has been a pretty enjoyable build and no issues other than my involvement.

I hope you like the Torpedo.

Hey Paul, looking good so far but one thing before you close it up, maybe you should go ahead and paint the gun turret, that way you'll be sure to get all those lower sections of the frame.

:popcorn

70.gif
yeah, I guess

Paul,

This is coming along exceptionally well. Nice tight execution on everything. Im looking forward to your follow on.

Cheers

Geoff

Hey Paul, looking good so far but one thing before you close it up, maybe you should go ahead and paint the gun turret, that way you'll be sure to get all those lower sections of the frame.

:popcorn

That is what I did for the Accurate Miniature kit I built last year and it worked out great.

I know its been a little bit since I have posted anything on this. I assembled the wings and the wing fold only to be disappointed again in the way things worked out. I was hoping for the outer wing panel to line up with the inner wing panel but alas no joy.

here is the way it looks going together.

well it looks as if I will be displaying this with wings stowed, I just hope that the Skyraider doesn't have this problem.

Well it'll take up less room Paul.

Think they should supply folded or straight wings.

Looks good so far, lots of good weathering potential with the wings folded. :popcorn

Looks really nice, Paul- cheers!

This kit has so much potential for super detailing it is sort of scary.

THAT'S why I don't buy much in the way of 1/32. ;)

I think on mine I just glued the wing panels together and didnt use the wing fold. I think I also made a spare to take some of the strain.
JAmes

Do the stowed version Paul, something different always looks great! Keep going, looking real good there (y)

I decided to build this with the wings extended. After I had the flaps and the other necessities glued on the outer panels just sort of lined up, sorta. With a little tweaking here and there I came away with something pretty dang close. not too much filler and the gaps in the wing halves are covered with a fairly large piece of pe.

My next concern is WHERE THE HELL AM I GOING TO PUT THIS BEASTIE? Well that's for later. any hoo, this thing measures about 22" port to starboard and I really think I will have to do some re enforcements inside the wing through the gear bays.

The cutting mat is 24" wide and you can see in this last pic how much room this thing takes up.

I decided to build this with the wings extended. After I had the flaps and the other necessities glued on the outer panels just sort of lined up, sorta. With a little tweaking here and there I came away with something pretty dang close. not too much filler and the gaps in the wing halves are covered with a fairly large piece of pe.

My next concern is WHERE THE HELL AM I GOING TO PUT THIS BEASTIE? Well that's for later. any hoo, this thing measures about 22" port to starboard and I really think I will have to do some re enforcements inside the wing through the gear bays.

The cutting mat is 24" wide and you can see in this last pic how much room this thing takes up.

(y)

Support, think of something other than a rod, some sort of L shape bracket don't you think?

Back