• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F86-F Sabre "The Huff" Completed.

F86-F Sabre "The Huff"

Thanks Ian!!!
for me it's really easy! with the Mr Metal paint it sort of ''self weathers'' if you look close you can see minor stains/blemishes, this looks a great effect and yes I was very tempted to add some panel line effects like yours but I have a little voice in my head saying "do not F**k this up!!!

Plus my weathering skills are far down the ladder, It's my Achilles Heel.

F86-F Sabre "The Huff"

Thanks Ian!!! I have a little voice in my head saying "do not F**k this up!!!

Me too, but it needs to shout like Robin Williams doing improv' to make itself heard !! - Consequently I do F**k-up a lot of projects :gogo

Ian

F86-F Sabre "The Huff"

Thanks Ian!!!
for me it's really easy! with the Mr Metal paint it sort of ''self weathers'' if you look close you can see minor stains/blemishes, this looks a great effect and yes I was very tempted to add some panel line effects like yours but I have a little voice in my head saying "do not F**k this up!!!

Plus my weathering skills are far down the ladder, It's my Achilles Heel.
I aint saying a thing :D

Phil wrote:
Thanks Ian!!! I have a little voice in my head saying "do not F**k this up!!!

Me too, but it needs to shout like Robin Williams doing improv' to make itself heard !! - Consequently I do F**k-up a lot of projects :gogo

Ian

Thanks Ian but I think my finish shouts loud enough for itself to be heard! NMF is such a pain and If it don't shine then why bother, might as well just paint it a dull grey.

With 8 entries? in this GB it seems alot do not want to tackle a NMF due to the complexity of the finish, it's not one of my favorite colours to do but as I always say, which seems to fall on some deaf ears... that all aircraft were brand new at one time in their service life, but this seems to be discounted in the modelling world.

Screwing up months of TLC to try some unknown result on a 99% finished build isn't my scene.

Regards,

Phil

I hear what you're saying Phil, nothing wrong with a clean finish. But what you see as an unknown is a tried and true for others. What I'm wanting to do is get that clean finish you have here and apply the layered weathering we do in armor stuff. Just my personal thing I want to try.

Back