• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F86-F Sabre "The Huff" Completed.

F86-F Sabre "The Huff"

Fantastic (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) Man the masking must have been a bear to accomplish, but the results are stunning.
James

F86-F Sabre "The Huff"

Thanks James, you're not wrong about that masking, I was wondering how it would look after all that!

F86-F Sabre "The Huff"

I was about to ask what that yellow tint was but then it dawned on me...

Mr Metal Aluminum...looking it up now

Great job Phil! :pilot

F86-F Sabre "The Huff"

Thanks Bob and SA Dave

Bob the Mr Metal is very easy to use, spray straight from the bottle, I haven't tried thinners in it to see if any advantages, it is very messy though when you start to polish it, I use disposable latex gloves, you need to get it polished and sealed asap, I use Testors 1409 metaliser sealer, same paint and sealer on the B-25J for the CTA build.

It sprayed perfect over the gloss Tamiya T/S 17 Aluminum but I sprayed that a bit heavy and left it alone for three hours.

It's a different kettle of fish than the Alclad way, I'm still 'experimenting' with it on how thick to spray it, so still a learning curve.

HTH

F86-F Sabre "The Huff"

Sounds like the Model Masters metalizers Phil.

I'm about ready to get back to some OD myself. :silly:

F86-F Sabre "The Huff"

Looks superb, Phil. Terry's 'plank-wing' is going to have some serious top-cover !!

Ian

F86-F Sabre "The Huff"

Me being me, I have been fussing over this build, here she is now standing on her own three feet, the sealer dulled everything a bit more than I like, so now this may be a used looked when finished.

What IO have found with the Mr Hobby metal paint is you can put a dob of wet paint on a palette and rub a q-stick around in it then apply to selected areas on the model, thus reviving the shine.

anyhow, where I'm at

DSC_0617g.jpg~original

DSC_0621g.jpg~original

DSC_0622g.jpg~original

DSC_0623g1.jpg~original

Droptanks are just dry fitted, but glued to the pylons, since found that the tanks were dropped attached to the pylons when engaging in combat.
The port side gun cover is fixed as I'm not prepared to cut that lovely dragon decal, stb side will be open.

Starting the daunting decals tomorrow!

F86-F Sabre "The Huff"

We gotta meet-up one day, Phil, put our builds side-by-side at a show or comp !!

Ian

F86-F Sabre "The Huff"

Boggles the mind to see how they would travel crossing the ditch Ian!!!

Thanks all!

F86-F Sabre "The Huff"

Y'all have bowling shirts down under right?

Not me, dunno 'bout our Phil :idonno

Nope!

An MA shirt would go down a treat though!

Okay, here we go....

These Cartograph decals are the ant's pants, beautiful to work with

DSC_0651h.jpg~original

That fuselage band was so tough to line up, and having to join it underneath was a pain, a little trim and some semi gloss Tamiya black
tidied it up.

DSC_0646h.jpg~original

DSC_0653h.jpg~original

Humbrol 69 gloss yellow is a close match for the decal yellow, trimmed the 'lightning bolt' on the tanks as per the real ''Huff"
DSC_0655h1.jpg~original

I tidied up that horid seam but then created another prob for myself :facepalm but that will do
DSC_0656h1.jpg~original

DSC_0657h1.jpg~original

more to come soon, one thing about these decals is the words on stencils are readable, very nice work from Cartograph Italy.

and I have to repaint the tyres again........

Hey Bob, this old movie was on one of our TV stations some days ago,

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046262/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

and in one scene it clearly showed a sabre dropping the whole package - pylon attached to the tank leaving a clean wing. (y)

F86-F Sabre "The Huff"

That is looking better and better! Those decals look great. I agree, Cartograf makes some excellent decals!

Back