• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

(Eric's)Egyptian T-34/100 Buddy Build-Academy/Accurate Armor-1/35th

errains

Heavy Metal Modeling
Staff member
Started a buddy build project with Bruce (aka iambrb) ...The Egyptian T-34/100. For this build Bruce and I will only work on it when we can get together therefor it will be a bit slower then normal. We'll both use the same base kits. The Accurate Armor conversion, Academy T-34/85 and the Trumpeter BS-3 100mm gun.
All though I'm still awaiting delivery of the Accurate Armor kit we did get started. Work began with the fitting of the Verlinden interior kit and assembly of the lower hull. Here are a few pics of the inspiration vehicle and my progress thus far.

34100-000.jpg

34100-001.jpg

34100-002.jpg

34100-004.jpg

34100-005.jpg

34100-006.jpg

Be sure to check out Bruce's thread (when he get around to posting it). ;)
Thanks for stopping by
:victory:

Imagine driving that old Beast out into the Sinai with no A/C, into the teeth of waiting Israeli M-51's, Skyhawks and Phantom IIs?
A fine line sometimes divides bravery from stupidity. Nice start, Eric! :good:

Received my order of the Accurate Armor T34/100 conversion kit. Inspection of the parts showed that resin castings are quite good considering the age of this kit. Oh sure there where a couple of warped and broken parts but nothing major and can't be fixed. But the turret is in excellent condition without any warpage nor broken areas...so it's all good to go.

T34100-007.jpg

While I'm not to work on the kit, I couldn't help myself. I did some dry fitting to see how everything went together. I have to say over all I'm quit happy so far.

T34100-008.jpg

T34100-009.jpg

Thanks For Stopping By!

Holly Molly! That's a gun house if I ever I saw one. I tried to find the Arabic for "Big, or Nasty" but I never was good at them backwards scribble them Egypts make. :bm:

Had a build day yesterday with Bruce (aka. iambrb). We worked of assembling the major elements of the interior. I primarily used the interior from Accurate Armor and Bruce used the Verlinden kit. I constructed the interior so that I can remove it for further detailing and painting. Once that is completed then it will be permanently fixed into the lower hull. Doesn't look like a lot but took most of the day making sure everything fit good.

T34100-010.jpg

T34100-011.jpg

T34100-012.jpg

T34100-013.jpg

Thanks for Stopping By!

Cool! that power cable right in the middle of the darn tank looks like the worst possible place! I wonder how many times some Arab grabbed ahold of or just bumped into it accidentally?

Started the Painting the interior. This is my first serious attempt at "Hairspray" chipping with VMS new chipping medium. It looks a bit rough at the moment but hope the weathering will pull it together.
T34100-018.jpg

T34100-021.jpg

T34100-020.jpg

T34100-022.jpg

Thanks For Stopping By

Thanks Mike! It maybe a tad over done but the reference I have shows it "well used", granted the example has been sitting for years if not decades.
34100Int-001.jpg

Back