• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Eduard 1/48 IL-2M Shturmovik * Completed *

Eduard 1/48 IL-2M Shturmovik

Odd looking color Phil. Guess we'll have to wait and see how it shapes up latter.

Cheers, Christian B)

yeah crap energy saving globe - Aeromaster Russian earth brown 1192.

First of the three topside colours on today, Aeromaster Warbird acrylic mixed and sprayed faultlessly with Tamiya acrylic thinners.

DSC_9817br.jpg~original

DSC_9819br.jpg~original

Aeromaster? Like the Decal folks?

(y)
:popcorn

Cool. It looks a bit yellowish, but maybe because its on its own, or lighting? Looking forward to the green next.
James

That's closer Ken, a touch less orange and it would be almost there.

try these outside shots this morning

I think the true colours will show after all of them are on, I use the silver base for the acrylics, which solves the ''acrylic paint lift'' probs.

DSC_9826b2.jpg~original

DSC_9825a.jpg~original

DSC_9826b1.jpg~original

Aeromaster? Like the Decal folks?

Yup the same MP

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/colorcharts/stuff_eng_colorcharts_aeromaster_acrylics.htm

Russia WWII 1192 and 1193 acrylic, couldn't source 1191

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/colorcharts/stuff_eng_colorcharts_aeromaster_enamels.htm

but found 9071 enamel.

Go Phil, shoot, I posted back to back pictures of the Fokker and the same parts looked like two totally different colors. Get the next colors on and see how this brown changes. :popcorn

Phil, this is the color that the VVS site recommends for the gray-brown.

AMT1lightbrown.jpg

Can't quite remember how the Russians described it but it was either tea or coffee with cream added.

Cheers, Christian B)

Phil, this is the color that the VVS site recommends for the gray-brown.

yep

i have a model master enamel that is close to that then an "expert" told me that the colour was wrong - go figure

i am using the eduard paint guide and bought aero master warbird colours that are very very close to those - and that is what i am using - all this 'this is wrong' talk totally detracts from the pleasure of building a model

I say this - give me colour evidence of these birds in wartime.

Also - if anyone does not like my modelling - don't bother replying - no skin off my nose - i enjoy what i present.

:pilot

Sorry Phil didn't mean to frustrate you.

I know when I built mine I got very frustrated at the paint info and the paint job. Painted it three times before I got happy with it.

I have no idea that it made anyone else happy . And just to info you , none of the guys I met on Russian aircraft forums liked anyone else' s ideas. :facepalm

I'm happier to researching German and Japanese aircraft :coolio

Cheers, Christian B)

Nah wasn't you Christian, but another so called ''expert'', just got my goat each time I bought a colour -which was always wrong.

Next Ruskie bird i'll do in pink and purple with yellow interior!!!

cheers

HA ! Phil, I think my next Russian aircraft will be an ME 109G-12 :D

That should take some of the experts out of the loop :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Would that be a early G-12, late, or second from the third last, because there was a variation in shades of 1/1000th of a ppm in the..... :evil:

James Fecal Matter Agitator par excellence :D

Well, would be a captured one for sure . To be build something like the drawings :rotf :rotf :rotf Could have some variations :S

Yay! all the paint is finished!

DSC_0043xs1.jpg~original

DSC_0042xs1.jpg~original

but then - I forgot to paint the canopy.............. :bang head

I'm still a fan of decal strips for the canopy frames Phil. Clear decal, paint interior color first, then exterior, cut to size, install, trim to fit and you're done.

:popcorn

Back