• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon SDKFZ 251/22 I'M ALIVE! AAAAALLIIIIIVE!

Dragon SDKFZ 251/22

I really have 'thing' for ye ol' Hanomag. I would eventually like to build several versions, have been very surprised at all the variations that are or have been produced of this.

I am looking to use Andy Fettes' face painting techniques and hoping to channel some of Iron Mike's mojo he showed on that Wespe to come up with something special

Dragon SDKFZ 251/22

Hey-Hey! Look what showed in the mail 2-day!!!

man that is some serious sprues there, some are even two sprue sets to a bag!!! Going to be more than a weekend project I fear

Here is the detail stuff. UGH! Those Individual tracks!!! This ain't gonna 'fall together' like a tamiya! I wonder if those tamiya one piece vinyl tracks will fit this?

Dragon SDKFZ 251/22

Plan is to get some time on it this weekend. I am thinking I may start some basic sub assy's and then get them ready for priming.

Just hope everyone else is on with the plan too!

Dragon SDKFZ 251/22

OK Iron Mike (& others) this is my O-Ficcial timestamp - I am starting on it this evening. I don't be lieve in luck, so pray for Blessings!

Sorry no pics of actual progress...there ain't none! Hope to have some for tonight or tomorrow though

Dragon SDKFZ 251/22

OK so here is about an hour's worth. This really proves I DO NOT have AMS...I am AMS Free!!!!!!! I say that because I kept thinking"Hey all that is just going to get covered up! & "Tamiya doesn't make you attach all these, Tamiya isn't like this....."

Hey really it does not look like much, but there really was a ton of part clipping & cleaning involved in getting it to that point. Plus, all those little bits had to be positioned and checked quite a bit as the tenax dried. And no, it ain't a Tamiya. But ut is still NEAT, so looking forward to getting more time on the sub assemblies over the next few sessions as I get the interior ready for some paint!

This is not going to be fast build, but that was kinda the point, enjoying the whole process, and you know what they say about how a journey of a thousand miles starts.......

Dragon SDKFZ 251/22

TRADGEDY!!!!!!! :vmad :frantic

So my package from AK INteractive did not show, and I was making the most of it by just building up sub assemblies. I had quiote a few items in process or complete, in the box bottom....and I knocked over my plastic weld!!!! I t spilled onto EVERYTHING!!!! I work on the kitchen table so I had that to clean plus it got many-many parts of the model!!!!!

Here is the worst two bits:

These are the rear wass (inside) and the right side inside - the outside is nearly as bad!

OK, so has anyone had this happen??? Anyone have an idea as to who to clean it up?

Dragon SDKFZ 251/22

The little lights are not twinkling, Clark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsaxNehMibg

Sorry to hear about the mishap, happens to everyone. Welcome to the brotherhood.

Let it harden a coupla days then sand it with a flat sanding stick. Fill any divots with spot putty and you should be back in the saddle again.

:drinks

Back