• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon King Tiger

Fantastic looking Tiger, Mike. I like it very much :dude (y)
But one more thing except drilling out exhaust pipes is damaged zimmerit. I would paint places with damaged zimmerit in color of primer or metal.

Thanks, Roman! I have the damaged zimm areas painted with the same chipping color, I plan to add a bit of primer and also pencil graphite to the areas after I get the decals and such on. I have found the additional weathering layers tone the graphite down, so I wait until the last to add it.

Thanks, Chuck, Mats and Chris! I appreciate your kind words very much!! (y)

Thank you, James! I was paging through my Tiger books, ran across a photo of the 324 that I was depicting.

FOR DISCUSSION PURPOSES ONLY of course.

IMG_0002.jpg

Here a closer look at the exhausts too.

IMG_0003.jpg

The MMIR publication The Modeler's Guide To The Tiger Tank is a great reference if you plan to build a Tiger, don't leave home without it. :laugh:

There's Future in my future this morning, update later.

:drinks

This out of the box stuff is hard to do! I realized I don't have the decals I wanted with the kit, so I'm going with 300. Please forgive me if the colors don't match the number, this is a fictional vehicle anyway. Here's yesterday's update.

IMG_5726.JPG

IMG_5727.JPG

IMG_5728.JPG

IMG_5729.JPG

IMG_5730.JPG

I painted tools and worked on the base for my Jagdpanzer, just not enough exciting stuff to take pix of. The answer to the age old question is YES, there is a shelf life on Solvaset. :laugh:

Thank you, friends!! Just a little update for today, I needed to make a base for the KT. I've had the J's Work molds for several months, but haven't put them to use, so now's the time. I mixed up some Lightweight Hydrocal per the instructions and poured it into my molds, it took an educated (lucky) guess to calculate the amount of product.

IMG_5738.JPG

To pour two J's Work pavement molds, mix 1/2 cup Hydrocal with 1/4 cup water.

IMG_5733.JPG

I screeded the excess off to make the bottom level, I used a butter knife (while my wife wasn't looking!!) :eek:hmy:

I let the whole thing sit about an hour, then removed the piece from the mold by carefully bending the silicone mold. Here's the result.

IMG_5734.JPG

IMG_5735.JPG

I bought three different molds, brick wall, pavers and cobbles.

IMG_5736.JPG

IMG_5737.JPG

I'm waiting on my next batch to harden so I can pour another. I would say these are a worthy investment, the cost of the Hydrocal is around $10 for a half gallon and the molds were about $6US. I have used about a quarter of the Hydrocal, so my base will cost me roughly 3.00 compared to ready made stuff. More to come...

It's going to take some work to make them fit like they should, but the hydrocal is soft enough to file and shape. It looks like they should fit together, but the seam is bigger than the rest of the pattern without any work.

Back