• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dr. Steinman's Stugs

Does it fly? :D

Not wanting to poop on your parade boys but don't we have a German Steel GB coming up where this falls into? This is one GB idea just for the sake of a GB if you ask me, sorry.

Not seeing how one is mutually exclusive of the other.

Like Saul said, John has a lot to offer about Stugs and I've been poking him about getting back in the saddle.

This is a rather UNIQUE piece of German armor,folks.
Let me explain:

The Sturmgeschütz (Stug)was first intended to give infantry fire support,and their crews were ARTILLERY members and not ordinary tank crew.So the crews would wear RED artillery Waffenfarbe (corps color) on their shoulder rank insignia and not pink,what was the tank crew corps color.
When Germany invaded the USSR in 1941 they gained more and more success as tank destroyer,mostly from ambush positions.
It happened several times that ordinary tank troops got Stugs as a replacement vehicle when their tanks got knocked out,because German industry couldn't provide enough ordinary tanks for their tank troops....So you COULD see tank troops using Stugs.
Because Stugs were used more and more in the anti-tank role,the idea of the Stuh (Sturmhaubitze) was born,to give back the infantry their armored fire support.

Stug:(no need to click)

STUG.jpg

Stuh:

StuH_42.jpg

Long story short:I AM IN!

Greetings,Ron.

I've not been the best finisher as of late...but I'm a big fan of the Doc and I have the Tamiya quarter scale Gustav on the shelf I could manage.

Is this going to be variant specific or can we pick up techniques from what you do with your variant?

I do have the old Bandai Ausf D,kindly sent by Saul Garcia. I do believe I have the Tamiya 1/48 Ausf G that has the saukopf mantlet. I think that one has to have zimmerit on it. I did vote yes.

There's several III's and IV's on my shelf, so I'm certain I can find a suitable subject. Not going to start anytime soon, I hope? My bench is backed up from all this one eyed business. :coolio

I have a DML SiG 33 on the pz III chassis I have wanted to do, what do you all think? Is that StuG enough?

I have a DML SiG 33 on the pz III chassis I have wanted to do, what do you all think? Is that StuG enough?

It is to this simple trucker. ;) Going on a limb here............. Would any type of Sturm vehicle be allowed?
StuG.

Sturmpanzer IV

SiG 33

Its your call. I thought Sig 33 were a mobile artillery piece while a Stug was an infantry support vehicle (although it evolved into an anti tank vehicle). As this is your baby though you have final say in what constitues a Stug Campaign.
James

I thought the term 'Sturmgeschutz' covered a lot of PAK vehicles up to the Brummbar and Sturmtiger.

Back