• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dornier Do 17 Z - CALLING IT DONE!...

Dornier Do 17 Z - DEC. 1st UPDATE...

I bought this kit. I opened the box and guess what?! Just like yours, There are lots plastic parts in there!! :yipee

So pass the ancient Lindberg and Monogram Dorniers to on-line sale sites!
Winter IS Model Season!
Keep up the good work, Luiz!

Dornier Do 17 Z - READY FOR THE PAINTING JOB...

Hi all!

Ready for painting:

Hope you like i1, the kit is excelent :eek:ldguy ... hope next week to finish it :hmmm

Luiz.

:notworthy - you paint it with the aerial wires in place, WOW !!!! - :notworthy

Ian.

Very nice, can't wait to see the paint scheme. :good:

Outstanding job getting it to this point without breaking off a gun barrel. :rotf

I am also highly impressed that you will be painting this with the aerial wires and the guns in place. I could never do that myself without breaking off all of them. Looking forward to seeing more.

Many thanks, Chris, Ian, Piet, Mike, Bob and Duke for the nice words and incentive!

:drinks

Luiz.

Outstanding job getting it to this point without breaking off a gun barrel. :rotf

Yes my friend :D ...the most dangerous parts are the gunsights...they were glued several times :tomato :frantic

Best! Luiz

Dear Ian and Duke.

Usually, I use the strategy to glue as many pieces as possible to be painted. Whenever possible, I use this technique.

Here we have advantages and disadvantages.

In my opinion the advantages are:

1-Work cleaner, without glue marks after the services of painting, as well as finger marks;
2- Alignment of the landing gear more safely, without the worry of glue marks appearing on the parts already painted
2 - Optimization in the time of model finish.

While the disadvantages would be:

1 - Excessive number of masks; and
2- Very careful handling of the model, with a series of small and prominent parts glued on it...

In the next update you can see the excesive number of masks that were done.

Regards!

Luiz.

Whenever possible I use the technique of painting everything together and mixed

Dornier Do 17 Z - START THE PAINTING JOB...

Hi all!

Preparing for the camo...some pre shadow, aluminium, RLM 02 in determinaed points) and the traditional masks ...

:eek:ldguy

The masks...

The final RLM 02...

See you in the next!

Luiz.

Back