• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DOLLAR'S VENTURA, Minicraft's PV-1 in 1/72

dollar19

Here's my entry in this most auspicious gathering of styrene junkies.

IMG_0001-1.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

Let the fun begin:Hiay

All right Bombs away Dollar!!!

mlp: yep navy patrol bomber

Terry B)

I believe I built one a long time ago with an octopus marking around the dorsal turret... is this the same kit?

Either way, nice! Will it be OOB?

Regards,

Hiya Saul, It's pretty much the same kit. The kit you mentioned is the PV-2 I believe. It doesn't have the greenhouse in the nose. I'm sure there where other differences in the marques but that is the one I'm most aware of. Oh yeah, OOB But I did aquire some WEM Colorcotes paint. I hear they are very smooth and spot on for color accuracy.

Oh, that is nice! Add full formers and stringers at all the stations, they may be visible in the end!

Regards,

Hi Martin! Yeah I'm hanging in there. I got 6 shows to open in Feburary so things are crazy at work for the time being.But I'm hanging in, just have to grab some bench time as I can get it.

I"m not responding till I see pictures...I don't care what of, pictures of your stage work or models...just pictures.

Greg you should post that elevator or that chair for the Amazing technicolor thingambob you built!

I think I deleted those pictures, oh well.

Moon Puppy knows, so I'll let you guys and girl in on it too. I'm a bit down in a funk right now. I'm sure it will pass, and come hell or high water I will finish this GB, it may just take me a while to get back in the saddle. So... that said, if you don't see any posts from me for awhile, it's cool. I will be watch though.....

See you all on the flip side.......

Greg

Here's a picture of my grand son

IMG_0002.jpg

Is that the one that was making coffee that time?

Man you need to dig up those pictures somewhere. That was scratchbuilding 101 in 1:1 scale.

Like I said in the email Greg, take your time, build for yourself and share what you want but don't stop coming around.

Hey Dollar,
hang in there my friend . :) You have the rest of the year to finish this anyway. Plenty off time to get it done.
Built one years ago but the fuselage and nose were all one piece and you could not see through it. Something has changed.
Anyhow, cool airplane. Recently bought a Hudson which is just a forerunner .I think it will make a good build also.
As MP says, just build it to have fun.
Cheers, Christian B)

Don't worry, I am in the same boat as you with SEVEN builds! No one has rushed me here so I think you will be fine.

Regards,

I hear you. Best advice is build when you want to what you want and dont sweat it. Look forward to your visits though so please drop by say hi.
James

Hi Greg, hope to hear more from you soon. What James said is absolutely correct. Whatever makes you happy. Post more critter pictures if you want. The dog's pretty cool.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back