• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DOLLAR'S VENTURA, Minicraft's PV-1 in 1/72

Thanks Randy.....I got some paint shot on last night. A slightly faded custom mix of white on the underside. I'm too far behind to do a lot of weathering, so I'm going for clean but well used look.

We'll see as we go. Up next is some blues.....(cue the sax player)

Thanks Pup I needed that.

I got to shoot some paint last night and this morning. I used White Ensign Models enamel for the first time and I will say they are great. I did find I had over thinned it a tad, but I stopped and mixed in a little more paint and got it to where it needed to be. So if you want to try it I'd say a 4:1 paint to thinner ratio is a good place to start. I will say the surface is beautiful nice and tight to the surface with a satin finish. Now I wonder how the Future coat will work? Oh well.....

Here's some pics.
IMG_0014-2.jpg

IMG_0012-2.jpg

IMG_0011-2.jpg

IMG_0010-2.jpg

Yes it does. Maybe it's me, but it looked damn weird before I got some paint on it. Not to mention the horrible fit. And thanks for the shout out!

Thanks James!

I'm pushing ahead, the de icer boots are masked and sprayed, the props are painted, the landing gear are ready and the wing tanks and turret are done! Time to gloss this baby out and get some decals on her!

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0016-1.jpg

Get your shorts outta yo crack, I should have had this finished months ago. The Future is drying and decals tomorrow morning.

IMG_0024.jpg

You wanted decals! Well by damn if you didn't get decals. I got up at 2:30 this morning to do this!

I really did get up that early. I'm coming down with a cold and couldn't sleep. So what the heck.... I'm up- I'm running outta time-why not make it useful?

A shot of flat, and a few old and ends and I believe that'll git-er-dun!

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

Hey Dollar, it's looking great (y) I haven't commented on this till now as I usually surf MA from work and like Moon Photobucket is blocked there so I can never see your photos. Since I'm off work today I finally got the chance to see what you and the others were talking about ! I too am coming down with a cold so the photo finish isn't the only thing we have in common :gogo

Greg that's looking great! Love the feathering of the two colors. You going to do a panel wash at all or just run with it?

Maybe that's what I need to do, get sick to get some modeling time.

Looks beautiful. Nice work. And I just saw that Sprue Brothers has a 1/48 Releogram kit coming in. Even though I dont do 1/48 anymore this is motivating me. That and the RCAF decals the kit will have.
James

Getting closer. Yeah Pup, I think I'm gonna run with the factory finish. I'd hate to rush a wash and screw it up now. It's a bright sunny day here so I pulled out your favorite table for some more pics.

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

Yeah, but no blue tarp under the table, but still good effect.

Nice finish Greg. Post it up in the Completion thread and it's all done. You can always add the weathering later if you want.

It's not done yet. Still got the belly guns and antennae wires to do. When was the last time you used your hair for an antennae wire? It looks great in 1/72.

Back