• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Doin' a weekend build.

Adam

Doing this for a weekend build.

DSC06341_zpsaf5f3f9b.jpg

Here's where I am right now tonight. Have to be done by midnight Sunday. Push it!

DSC06345_zps5876a7b6.jpg

PUSH IT! :drinks

This is way I used to build as a kid. Get on my bike Saturady morning and have it built by Sunday night when I hd to put the card table away. Guaranteed at least one spilled bottle of Pactra and fingerprints everywhere. Of course there was no PE or other AM back then, just twist away from the sprue and glue. I miss those days.

You're off to a great start, you can do it. :ro:

Thanks guys! Except for that Negative Nancy Paul guy! :D

Ausf, that's the exact same thing I used to do!

Didn't we all, I once won a bet that I could build the Budweiser Clydesdales in one weekend. I was in my early teens (Pre Driving, girls and beer) and this guy who worked at our restaurant was talking about having been building the kit for the last 3 months. I told him I could finish one in one weekend. I did and we put them on display for judging and I won again :rotf

How's it going Adam, wings on yet?

Well got as far as I can go tonight. Painted all up and decals on, up on her legs. This kit is a little jewel. There is some mold seam clean up and a little flash but fit is excellent. Detail is nice. Decals are excellent. I can't say enough positive things about these new Airfix kits!

DSC06347_zpsa902fa47.jpg

Here's me looking a bit haggard after decaling:

DSC06346_zps0622b978.jpg

Hopefully get it all finished up tomorrow morning! :Hiay

Dang Adam. That looks awesome. I wish Airfix would start doing more of these in 1/48 scale. 1/72 is just a bit small for my sausage fingers lol.

Thank you gentlemen! Aaannnnd we're all done here with over 9 hours to spare! :geek In the interest of time I did not apply any weathering and being a Korean War bird it should really be filthy. Oh well I like it and I hope you do too! I am going to get me a whole slew of these kits. They're just great. (y)

DSC06349_zpsd686e578.jpg

DSC06350_zps0dcc523b.jpg

DSC06351_zpsba12872d.jpg

DSC06352_zps2c84b89f.jpg

DSC06355_zps450c7256.jpg

DSC06356_zpsd9aee909.jpg

DSC06357_zps397557d8.jpg

DSC06353_zps37815bb7.jpg

:beer

Back