• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Doin' a weekend build.

Terribly nice for a shake and bake Adam (y) (y) (y)

These new Airfix kits are a big improvement for sure !

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks a lot guys!

Crayola silver crayon Ryan. :rotf :rotf

It looks super Adam now do a Corsair.

Actually Ryan and Paul it was Silver Sharpie. I let the girls color it. :D

No to be truthful I first applied Tamiya fine white surface primer. I know the standard practice for a metal cote is gloss black. I hate gloss paints. I hate their thick disgusting stickiness. I hate their super prolonged curing times. I really hate their shiny glossiness! I just really hate them and refuse to work with them. :side: Then I sprayed the yellow. Then I used MM Aluminum Plate Metalizer. This stuff is the shiz. I know a lot of people swear by alclad and I've yet to try it, but Metalizer is getting me by just fine.

One more plug for the new Airfix stuff. Do yourselves a favor and get one of their new kits!!!! (y)

A weekend build- what will they think of next? I built a little lever widget...

Looks great- and like a lotta fun, too. :drinks

Fantastic work on your weekend build, this is proof positive you don't have to spend a lot of time for a quality model to add to the collection. :good:

Matrixone

Thanks Ian and Les. This kit is so good it deserves to have time spent on it. It could be built into a real stunner.

Back