• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Doc's COF I - Lebanon (1/72 F-15I Ra'am) - Done

Doc's COF I - Lebanon (1/72 F-15I Ra'am)

Me too Chris, they are a nice break from that sea of gray that almost all air Forces are using as Standard. Even better will be my next one, an Ouragan, which has a sand and blue Camouflage. Very nice.

Thanks for looking.

Alex

Beautiful work Doc! Excellent paint job man, I also love Israeli paint colors.

Thanks Mark. You are always so Kind to me, I appreciate it.

There are now more than 300 decals and stencils that Need to be placed. This should be fun.

Have a wonderful Weekend.

Cheers

Alex

Nice work Alex . The build of this kit seems to be cleaner than before . (y)

What is the bottle Mr. ( whatever ) . Is that a Gunze clear flat paint ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Belo trabalho Alex, sinceramente, vejo muitas melhoras no seu trabalho, parabéns :eek:ldguy

Tenha uma grande final de semana :good:

Luiz.

Doc, you're welcome. I also built a number of F-15's and yeah I think it took me two whole days to get all the stencils on mine too.

Thanks Christian and Luiz.

That bottle is my Special mix of Airfix coating gloss, a smidge of future and lots of thinner. I titrated and tested in an old model until I got the right mixture.

Luiz, Muito obrigado. Vindo de um mestre como tu esses elogios tem um Valor mais do que especial.

Well, here it is. All decalled and stenciled. 350 not including the Missiles and bombs which I simply couldn't finish it.

The decals provided by GWH were very comprehensive but VERY HARD to dissolve and adapt - I felt like I was dealing with cellophane even with the Micro Sol dissolving solution.

But I am happy. I think it is a looker. What do you think?

Cheers

Alex

ha213b7e.JPG

h8620932.JPG

h92058f8.JPG

hb4c8248.JPG

h7bbf3b2.JPG

ha9409e7.JPG

heff8626.JPG

hb01843b.JPG

h24b65ad.JPG

h0f7e751.JPG

h9b51b3a.JPG

hd86b1e9.JPG

Real test of patience there. Looks like they laid down pretty well.

I picked up a stencil sheet for the RF-4, but I'm undecided on how many of them I will actually use. I need to view more pics again as I'm a little gunshy of over-cluttering the bird, which is also why my models tend to be lightly armed.

Nice job Alex. I"m tellin' ya bubba, with your painting technique I think a WW1 aircraft would really look great. :pilot

Sensational work Alex! I commend you on applying all those stencils. I've done 1/72 scale F-15's before and I don't think I ever used them all; just the ones that make the plane look good.

Brilliant work Doc!

You guys are really very Kind.

I love decals and stencils. This is the part of modelling I enjoy the most (maybe I will create a thread about it). It was a Long, Long process (even each bomb and Missile had lots of stencils) but I think it was all worth it.

I don't know about WWI planes Bob. I did a few before (see below), not so impressive I guess. But thanks for the tips. Now I am into this whole Israeli Phase.

h31716b9_2019-06-06.JPG

hd785c41_2019-06-06.JPG

hf6ffc4c_2019-06-06.JPG

Mark, I appreciate your words always. Seriously, no matter how bad I screw up, you always cheer me up. I appreciate it.

Almost done now. Some weathering ( I was talking to a few friends in Israel, they have to wash the birds quite often, all the dust and mud when it rains (not so seldom in Tel Nof where These Ra'ams are based). It is cleaner that previous models but not that great yet. Well, it is 1/72 after all.

In any case, getting ready to finish. All that Ammo will be added to the plane. I wonder how These things can fly with all that.

Next will be a Syrian Mig-21 and then an Israeli Mirage from 1967.
h0a8685f_2019-06-06.gif

h0a8685f_2019-06-06.gif

Cheers and thanks again

Alex

h9e7a96c.JPG

haf53c07.JPG

h03c9e3f.JPG

h5e076a3.JPG

ha55a5fd.JPG

h819ec1d.JPG

hc95924a.JPG

h57a209a.JPG

h21a5c3b.JPG

h190718b.JPG

h8d5d6c2.JPG

hf343b0a.JPG

Thanks Bob. I am very proud of it. Apparently other People didn't like it much... oh well. :tomato

Weapons are drying up, final touches and then I am calling it ready. :drinks

Cheers

Alex

h7e59040.JPG

You happy with what you build, screw the rest. Build for you. :popcorn

Very nice build Doc :good: the effort and improvement is evident in each build . As MP said build for yourself,take the positives and ignore the negatives this hobby can drive us nuts as it is without trying to impress the masses.
Nothing wrong with your builds mate so :drinks

Thanks a lot guys

You are quite right. I am enjoying These new builds and having fun with them. I guess I look up to a lot of People here and therefore I tend to keep waiting for their critiques and suggestions on how further to improve. :ro: :ro:

More pics to come later today, this one is done.

Cheers

Alex

Doc this is amazing! I love the ordinance on this bird! You really brought this to life! I'll tell you; I haven't built one of these yet for my Israeli Air Force; I gotta get one. Now to finish my F-16I Sufa....

Doc this is amazing! I love the ordinance on this bird! You really brought this to life! I'll tell you; I haven't built one of these yet for my Israeli Air Force; I gotta get one. Now to finish my F-16I Sufa....

Mark, I must say that I am extremely thankful for all your encouragement. No matter how bad I screw up you always have nice words to say. I really appreciate it.

I agree with you, the ordinance (it is a lot!) makes a whole difference. Now I am just waiting for the PE "remove before flight" in Hebrew to finish this up.

I also have a Sufa on my stash. Maybe a side Project.

Thanks again

Alex

Thanks Alex, I appreciate your comments and I'm thrilled I can help in some small way. My Sufa has been stalled right now, but if you build yours, I'll be happy to try and pick mine up again.

Looking forward to seeing this with the tags on them.

Back