• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DKM Tirpitz in Norway - Deck Desaster!

Re: DKM Tirpitz in Norway - Lights!

Way to go Laura!! are you lighting the superstructure at all?

yopp! B)

but i cannot start that work without the pe ... :zen

i just hope that i can do the position lights on the bridge wings ... (maybe with a smaller diameter of optics) - the only lights i definitely will leave out are the top lights on the mast top ends ...

Awesome work Laura! :notworthy :notworthy
Been thinking of using those optics too sometimes but never dared to (need lot's of :zen to do that)
Hope you get the PE soon :)
//Mats

OMG 70,5 meter fibre optics!
Did you use all of it?

Sure looks GREAT! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Re: DKM Tirpitz in Norway - Lights done!

Wow! That rocks! Man I haven't got the adjectives left to describe how incredible that is!

Re: DKM Tirpitz in Norway - Lights done!

Excellent effort Laura,

Outstanding achievement so far.
The lights look really good (y)

Michael :)

Re: DKM Tirpitz in Norway - Funnel Fun!

started with the funnel last sunday, had to take a break from wednesday to saturday (no time!) and completed the funnel today (crane cabling still missing!)

well - i learned some things:

- the kit quality is crap and pe the only rescue! :stinker
- although the academy kit is the spitting image of the tamiya kit, the eduard pe DOES NOT FIT! :vmad
- the eduard instructions are pretty vague! :angry:
- those parts that need to be cut away for repositioning are rock solid while those who should stay in place snap away by merely looking at them! gna! :huh:

the funnel looks really beaten up in the makro shots but from a distance (what will be the point of view when done - about 1m away!) acceptable ... man, how i hate makro!

Heimataerde - Deus Lo Vult

funnel5.jpg

funnel1.jpg

funnel4.jpg

funnel2.jpg

funnel3.jpg

:soldier

sieht super aus! (y) (y)
Wonderful work on the pe :notworthy
//Mats

Hard work is clearly paying off Laura, the big things on the side of the stack, looks like radardomes, what are they?

Man thats a lot of PE in a little place. Coming along Laura (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Keep at it Laura looking good!

B)

Hard work is clearly paying off Laura, the big things on the side of the stack, looks like radardomes, what are they?

They are weather-proof covers for the secondary armament directors.

Laura, this is looking great. After some paint and weathering all those little booboos are going to disappear. That's one good thing about ship models. :drinks

Re: DKM Tirpitz in Norway - Trapped In Trouble!

bwaaaaarggs! this is how far i have come since my last update ...

everything's dryfitted in the pics ... main fun is that the most prominent wooden deck part (the one on top) DOESN'T FIT! :vmad ... the other troubling deck part is the one of the admiral's bridge - please note how it doesn't cover the curved section ... means that i will have to cut and adapt later - gna!

another funky issue is a missing ladder leading from bridge b to bridge c (next to the flaks!) ... i searched all frets but cannot find a ladder supposed to go there ... whatever ...

next - the main deck is designed for bismarck and not tirpitz so i will have to trim that down :S

something else? yes - drilling out portholes again for a change ... tons of portholes! i have 29,5m of fibre optics left and am pretty sure that i will need another 25m of them ... and the pe decking around the funnel - surprise, surprise - doesn't fit very well and additionally, according to the instructions, everything beneath it has to be sanded flat ... funky!

this build developes into a bottomless pit! but it's a challenge i'm (still) willing to tackle!!!

Covenant - Wasteland

hauptbruecke6.jpg

hauptbruecke5.jpg

hauptbruecke4.jpg

:soldier

Work it out Laura, could you trim the kit parts to fit the wood? Is there enough wood to replace a section of what's missing?

Looking good Laura!! You should be able to hide some of the curved section of the wood decking with the railing and some thin strips of plastic or brass to replicate gutters for water run off. Just a thought.

No matter I'm very impressed with your progress. :zen

You will work it out Laura. :ro:

:popcorn

Coming along Laura. Remember no pain no glory or something like that. Looking good (y) (y)

James

Back