• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Diorama photo ideas...

andgo.jpg

Race you to the mess hall.

Those pics are way cool. Too many ideas in my head now.
James

Hey Giovanni
At a pinch, I'd say that the Sherman in question is a M4A3 from the PTO? The support stands for the engine access doors can be seen on the edge of the rear deck.
The extra armour plating for the running gear would be indicative of protection from ground troops in close quarters fighting ie. the Japanese? Just a thought, but others will know more about the PTO Shermans.
Brad :side:

BradJ wrote:
Hey Giovanni
At a pinch, I'd say that the Sherman in question is a M4A3 from the PTO? The support stands for the engine access doors can be seen on the edge of the rear deck.
The extra armour plating for the running gear would be indicative of protection from ground troops in close quarters fighting ie. the Japanese? Just a thought, but others will know more about the PTO Shermans.

Hi Brad,

Sorry for my ignorance, what's PTO?

Do you have or know where I can find more pics of this tank?

Thanks so much

Giovanni

P.S.: you are doing an amazing job on the tankers!

Hi Giovanni and thankyou!
I think the person to talk to would be Jenny or definitely Dave Harper. He would be the best authority on PTO M4s (Pacific Theatre of Operations)
All the best
Brad

BradJ wrote:
Hi Giovanni and thankyou!
I think the person to talk to would be Jenny or definitely Dave Harper. He would be the best authority on PTO M4s (Pacific Theatre of Operations)
All the best
Brad

Giovanni,
PM Sherman18, I'm sure he can help you with it and reference info.
Shawn

moon puppy wrote:
What does it say on the top of the armor, "Do Not ?"

Hey Mooners I reckon it says "Do not Strip"?

halt.jpg

Ok ok probably not good diorama fodder... :pinch: :laugh:

I do however like the next one. Would be good to have figures posed this compactly and involved in such a loveless task. Would make for a great scene!

orig9.jpg

I have been looking at this one for years now, and thinking it would be a great shadow box diorama where you could control the light and shadows.

ww2-96_20100625_1073511371.jpg

Gary B)

This one would be so easy now with an appropriate Dragon Pz IV and the "German infantry on patrol" figure set from Tamiya.

advancing_under_fire_20100625_1830747709.jpg

Gary B)

I have ALWAYS liked this photo from the very first time I saw it, for lots of reasons. One is I have always been super fascinated with the DAK. Second is I have always liked the M3 Lee tank cause they named it after me :laugh: . And most recently when I really looked and saw the tracks on the cute little Pz I. It has since become one of my favorite studies to share with people that get on the internet and imperiously tell people all the things that the Germans would NEVER allow to happen during WWII. Or to help Richie out when he does the same thing to a 1/72nd scale Sherman ;)

pzi_backward_tracks_20100625_1545662237.jpg

Also just cause it would make a cool little diorama.

Gary B)

Mostly because I thought it would go great with the title;

"How to tell if it is a boy tank, or a girl tank!"

:unsure: :blush: :laugh: :silly: :woohoo: :pinch: :S ;)

snapshot_build_ideas4_20100625_1768712980.jpg

Gary B)

Hey Gary your comments regarding the Panzer I... My knowledge of such vehicles is limited to say the least, but is one to assume that you are referring to what looks like a track affixed backwards? Speaking of which, it would make a solid diorama; almost too good to be true as though the scene was recreated in 1:1 after viewing a 1:35 diorama! Bearing this in mind, do you think it purely a propaganda shot?
Brad

Guess this is what caused them to come up with those big giant bumpers at the end of the line...

You think that is a WWII era photo Johnny, that engine and the car that is hanging out of the hole looks to be older than that. Maybe 1910s?

Ok time to dust off this thread again.
A super shot of having a laneway 'covered'...

50th-Division-01.jpg

This one is probably a bit more hit n miss... :blink :laugh:

cvmgh.jpg

Back