• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Desert - dio 5: Germans in the sand

Hi all,

I call this one done.

Added some accesories and some sparse vegetation.

dio_p.jpg

dio_q.jpg

dio_r.jpg

dio_s.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Willem

Looks fantastic Willem, there's one thing that stands out to me though, the items sitting on the sand do not look like they are sitting IN sand, rather on top of sand. They look more like they are sitting on top of rock. Maybe you could build up some of your sand material around the bottom edges of the stuff, especially the weighted items like the fuel drum.

Your diorama looks very nice and the sand looks about right. However, I do have to agree with Moon Puppy about adding some sand around the bases of the boxes, etc, that are on the ground. This looks like a sandy type desert setting and everything you place on the ground would sink a bit into the sand. Not much, but there wouldn't be any space showing between lets say the bottom of a box and the ground. Once you do that, this will be an excellent diorama as your figures, vehicles, groundwork and structures are top notch.

Cheers,
James

Thanks guys.

Those gaps symbolize somehow the gaps between me and mastersbuilders... :S

I will fill'em up, not so hard to do.
Just proves once again that one can be blind for their own flaws.

willem

Willem,

Sometimes we do not notice some small things like the gaps ourselves. That is why we take pictures of our works and post them so others can look things over and perhaps see things we have missed. There have been plenty of time where I have been working on something only to have someone find something I had overlooked. Now I take pictures all throughout the process of me building a model, making a figure, or building a diorama. On my last diorama, taking the pictures and looking at things along the way really helped me catch some of the small things I had missed. Another thing that helped was that there is a group of guys I email through the course of the project who give me their honest opinion about things. I have been fortunate to know people who were a part of the events that I have modeled to help me get the details correct.

Alot of times, as modelers, we may be focused on one aspect of the project that we are working on that we may miss something along the way. At least the people here on this forum offer much encouragement and are friendly when making suggestions.

Take care and happy modeling!
James

Back