• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Decisions

Re: Lil' Sherm

Finally got freed up to hit the bench some. Using the same techniques as Dad has done on this weathering OD, or at least I'm trying to. I think I'm being too subtle. Still some more weathering to do I think. The decals also silvered up on me but I didn't notice it till after I flat coated it. Wonder if decal solution will work through the clearcoat?

littlesherm005.jpg

littlesherm006.jpg

littlesherm007.jpg

The major gap up front comes from not lining up the transmission cover correctly on the diecast frame and the hull. Should have been more careful but since so much attaches to it I can't really pull it off and put it back in correctly. Dry fit, dry fit, dry fit!

littlesherm008.jpg

littlesherm009.jpg

Not really a fan of this diecast chassis, read somewhere it gives it scaled weight..whatever. Much rather have a plastic hull, want weight, add lead.

Sherm is looking pretty good, I know you'll touch up the road wheels. The tools look really swell too! (y)

While I was doing one, might as well do the other.

littlesherm011.jpg

littlesherm012.jpg

didn't want to break the Miliput out tonight, I'll make a mess this weekend with the stuff.

Oh yeah, I found it, on the floor next to the trash can as I was vacuuming. Yes I do clean up sometimes...It almost sucked but I saw it in time. :mpup

I didn't sand bag it, I loosened the screws and pulled the hull forward and tighen them down again. Closed up the gap nicely, nice enough to call it finish for this build!

littlesherm013.jpg

littlesherm014.jpg

littlesherm015.jpg

The kit is nice, I don't like the diecast, just don't trust the bond between plastic and metal. I'm really thrilled with the weathering job using Dad's drybrush weathering techniques. May be seeing more armor from me.

Hope you like it!

Back