• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

D-Day Lancaster

Thanks guys! :Hiay

Christian, I have no idea what those indentations are all about. I have not seen any reference photos of the floor for the Lancaster but none of the other kit manufacturers that I have seen have done this so not sure where Hasegawa came up with it.

Never noticed them before either . At first thought ejector mark and then maybe mounting points for something else :hmmm
Finally I realized they look to belong there . Almost like recessed handles for electrical doors :fencing

Now, I'm just curious but I won't freak out when I get mine out of the box .

I like it a lot ! (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys! :Hiay

Christian, I have no idea what those indentations are all about. I have not seen any reference photos of the floor for the Lancaster but none of the other kit manufacturers that I have seen have done this so not sure where Hasegawa came up with it.

Never noticed them before either . At first thought ejector mark and then maybe mounting points for something else :hmmm
Finally I realized they look to belong there . Almost like recessed handles for electrical doors :fencing

Now, I'm just curious but I won't freak out when I get mine out of the box .

I like it a lot ! (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

That's the first thing I thought. Like the handles you grab, pull, and turn.

Just a quick update to show that I have actually been doing something. Somewhere along the way I decided to build the ancient Airfix Lancaster that has been sitting in my stash forever because I thought building two at the same time would be just as easy as building one right?... right?... right??? :bang head :bang head :bang head

What can I say. I like punishing myself... :geek

10LancHAS_zps1e25607d.jpg

Still some PSR (putty sand repeat) to go on the airframes and then I can start adding the canopies.

Hmmmm ! :idonno Would be interesting to compare the two .

The gray one is new tooling ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Cheers, Christian B)

The grey one is the Hasegawa kit Christian while the black one is the ancient (1960's) Airfix. There really isn't any comparison at all! :eek:hmy:

:laugh: What I want to know is - will there be anything left of that poor Airfix kit after you've sanded it to death? And I thought Phil was crazy for doing one :facepalm

Cheers, Christian B)

The grey one is the Hasegawa kit Christian while the black one is the ancient (1960's) Airfix. There really isn't any comparison at all! :eek:hmy:

That explains why I have not heard of the new tool Airfix yet ( :rotf ) which would not surprise me at all.

I grabbed a Hasegawa some years ago and the Airfix is still on the stash except for the cannibalized out board engines, so I won't have to build it .

Will be watching with interest :popcorn :popcorn

Cheers, Christian B)

Back