• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

D-Day Lancaster

razordws

Can't really do any modeling right now until the wing heals a bit more so thought I could at least get my start up photo going. As you can see this is Hasegawa's 1/72 Lancaster bomber and I have picked a couple of Eduard offerings to spruce up the bare interior a bit. I will be doing the box art PO*S as it suits the time period for this campaign. I hope to start in a couple of weeks.

Looking forward to seeing your angle on my favorite WWII heavy....building the 1/48 scale was hard enough....can't imagine it in smaller scale ;)

Alright folks, 7 months later, sprue has been cut and glue has been smeared. I've been wanting to build this for a long time and now is the time.

02LancHAS_zpse5a2f6f1.jpg

Thought I would be moving along a little faster on this but here we go. Interior is complete and I am starting to close up the fuselage.

These first two photos are what came with the kit and the Edward zoom interior'

03LancHAS_zps0ec70a65.jpg

04LancHAS_zpsed2c4154.jpg

I added a few more bits and some wire along with the gunners seat.

05LancHAS_zpsbe4ae198.jpg

The eduard set didn't have anything for the rear radio stuff so I used the kit decals.
06LancHAS_zpsdfaff502.jpg

07LancHAS_zps86180fbd.jpg

08LancHAS_zpsd91bded2.jpg

09LancHAS_zpsb9cd6d0c.jpg

Now, if you are wondering about all the interior green over spray on the instrument panels here's what happened. I've used pastels in the past to shade interiors and panels lines but recently started using oil washes. This time I did the wash but then decided I would try the pastels over top of the wash to darken it up a bit more. Well I went ahead and put on a heavy coat of pastels with the intent of wiping off the excess until I had the desired affect like I usually do. I guess I should have put on a clear coat first because none of the pastels wanted to come off. It stuck pretty good to the oil wash so I had to go in after and spray some more diluted interior green on it to tone it down. I kind of like the over spray effect so I'm going to leave it as is. :eek:hyeah

Dave if you wanted to, you could take a brush, dip it in thinner and then dab it on a paper towel, sort of dry brush some thinner to clean off the overspray. I kinda like the effect also. (y)

:popcorn

Nice looking cockpit Dave (y) Any idea what the purpose of all the indentations in the floor were about ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys! :Hiay

Christian, I have no idea what those indentations are all about. I have not seen any reference photos of the floor for the Lancaster but none of the other kit manufacturers that I have seen have done this so not sure where Hasegawa came up with it.

Back