• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTAIII - VW Golf VR6 (1/24 Fujimi)

helios

My first entry into this little soiree. I've been itching to do a car for a bit now, so this is a perfect opportunity.

DSCF2131.JPG

I might be a little biased..... :laugh:
GTi.jpg

VW GTi VR6 - Fujimi 1/24

I was standing there holding the M5 kit and this one. Which one? Finally said screw it, I'll build the car I have now first. Now to get some coffee, grab a little lunch and change some oil I've been putting off this week while trying to get the Seahawk finished up. :laugh:

VW GTi VR6 - Fujimi 1/24

I used to be a die hard VW guy. Then VW screwed me over and I discovered my late wife's Toyota was a better car. Won't even give the new ones a look now.

As to your GTI, cool! B)

Because I can't leave well enough alone...the shocks are getting shortened to eliminate the 4x4 wheel gap of the stock kit. :evil:

DSCF2133.JPG

I've been bouncing back and forth between this and the F-104. I cut out the sunroof panel from the roof, and checked for proper fit. Primed the body and went back to modifying the suspension while it was drying. I did make a slight goof, but will be able to remedy w/o any visible repair. I was modifying what I thought was the front suspension, which I then cut to fit how I wanted it. Worked like a charm...until I realized it was actually a rear upright I was modifying...and they are supposed to be longer. :smack I'll be able to add a 1/16" shim to the top of the strut assembly though, so I'm not worried about that. But I did get the rear sorted and test fit. Money! :woohoo:

DSCF2140.JPG

DSCF2142.JPG

Limited time at the bench means limited progress...but I did get the front suspension modified and test fit.

DSCF2146.JPG

Love the smooth primer job. You really nailed the wheels well. Looking forward to seeing this in paint.

It really isn't that smooth. Needs some wet sanding before I paint. Tried using rattle can...mistake. Should've mixed and run through the airbrush. I'm hoping maybe I can have it in paint tonight. We'll see. All depends if I squirell or not. :laugh:

Coming along nicely Chris. Good work on that suspension mod. Tough to get that right and have all 4 wheels touching the ground!

Mike

Back