• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTAII M41 U.S. Tank Walker bulldog (Finished)

CTAII Tamiya U.S. Tank M41 Walker bulldog

Man, that thing's full o ejection pin marks! :blink Does look like dere's plenty o room fer a motor... :hmmm

Doesn't matter won't be seen as the turret is has a solid bottom ..... The dead give away is the two + & - marks inside where the pin marks is ..... :eek:ldguy

:eek:hmy: Now how'd I miss dat?!? :unsure: :facepalm :good:

and that is just the front part of the compartment the back part of the Walker Bulldog has a place for a motor I have not seen the 10 mega motorizing kit but I understand they make one ..... I also hate injector pin marks ...... one reason I like kits that don't have any ...... let's face it they are a fact of life higher quality kit don't have them ...... like say a Dragon not sure about the others ...... me I'm old school I never let them bother me much ..... unless they were on top of my sopwith camel wing ...... that was really the worst ROG kit I ever bought looked like a old lindburg ...... no I don't even think theirs was that bad ..... the injector should be able to put the pin marks where they don't show

Time for More construction stuff .....

h05d4978.JPG

Road wheel ..... that has been removed from sprue ..... these were int he bottom of the box .... so I decided to show the difference a tool makes ......

hbe41900.JPG

Same wheel Cut with Xuron professional sprue cutters ........

hb677a56.JPG

Same wheel Cut with Citadel fine detail cutters ........ Quite a difference ..... now my Xuron's are fairly old so I'm open to a challenge ..... with a new set of Xuron's

h60fb616.JPG

he4864e0.JPG

h831bcda.JPG

How many more ??? ........... :eek:ldguy

h77f0a8a.JPG

On the model ...... I shoulda waited for the paint to dry ...... :eek:ldguy

h513ad91.JPG

this drive sprocket was hard to de-seam ...... Lot's off little teeth with mold mark in the middle ..... at least there weren't any pin marks on the wheels ...... these track also need painting ..... and I hope the paint will stick to this type track ....... :eek:ldguy

It is a nice clean cut but you have to compare apples to apples with a nice fresh Xuron. The place I work at uses them on the assembly line so I can snatch one from time to time but I do notice how quick the blades chip and dull. Granted I use them to cut wire, probably not the best thing to use.

Don't count the road wheels, just git'er done. :soldier

It is a nice clean cut but you have to compare apples to apples with a nice fresh Xuron. The place I work at uses them on the assembly line so I can snatch one from time to time but I do notice how quick the blades chip and dull. Granted I use them to cut wire, probably not the best thing to use.

Don't count the road wheels, just git'er done. :soldier

Same Here I may have used mine for wire cutting ..... but it wasn't 00 maybe 24 gauge at the most ...... Now my Xuron PE cutters will never see anything but PE ...... I even keep the little protector on the blades ..... :eek:ldguy now squadron sells a nice pair for around 9 dollars ..... :eek:ldguy

Humbrols metaliser paints stick nice to washed tracks At least the ones I have done with it.

These are the rubber tracks that Tamiya puts in their kits I don't have time to order a replacement ..... I'm sure they are made like this so you could put a motor in the tank ..... That is the one thing I love about this forum .... You ask a question & you get a rapid response .... Thanks Dave ..... :eek:ldguy

I must be off to the Salt mine ...... :rotf

Man, that thing's full o ejection pin marks! :blink Does look like dere's plenty o room fer a motor... :hmmm

Doesn't matter won't be seen as the turret is has a solid bottom ..... The dead give away is the two + & - marks inside where the pin marks is ..... :eek:ldguy

Too busy trying to come up with something clever ...... :eek:ldguy

:laugh: LAst time I did any clanky thingies was back about 1979... :pp

Well it's high time you did ...... :eek:ldguy

Well it's high time you did ...... :eek:ldguy

Might try a half-track or two but, that's about it... one day... :eek:ldguy

what you waiting for somebody to send you a half track kit or something like that get-R-done :eek:ldguy

Ok ... I quit counting road wheels & the clowns have been quite so I guess it's time to get back on this .... :eek:ldguy

h358d1b0.JPG

Here's seven done ............. all clean & scrapped off extra seam material ......

hd28792c.JPG

The rest of the story ...... now I'm going back in and paint the Lug Nuts ...... they are my favorite NASCAR color ...... :eek:ldguy

This is probably why I don't build armor, wheels and tracks!!

Looking good though!

:soldier

Thanks Warren, Jeff & MP ..... Yes lots of tracks, links, round things & wheels ..... :soldier .... and Ed No ..... unless your real nice and finish the last thing I Sent you ..... :eek:ldguy

hbc4388b.JPG

NASCAR lugs ....... :woohoo: (y)

h3dd77f5.JPG

My Muffler treatment ...... :eek:ldguy

hf6a595b.JPG

Some tools ............... :eek:ldguy

h3abc221.JPG

h3d2bcd0.JPG

Rear end isd one ....... That gap really bothers Me ..... :eek:ldguy

h222de6c.JPG

h1063b37.JPG

Front is done ........ movingto the Turret ...... and I'll paint he Headlights ...... :eek:ldguy

Comment & criticisms welcome ...... But right now the Beans & cornbread are done ..... Time to refuel ..... :eek:ldguy

Back