• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA3 update

jknaus

Administrator
For any new members who may not know we originally had a Call To Arms for one of our members John Marcus. It was to raise funds to send to the Australian Cancer Society on his behalf. Unfortunately Johns Cancer was very nasty and in less than a year he passed away, not seeing the end of the campaign. CTA2 was put together to help Gator's son get a special needs dog and that was successful.
Now personally I have had too many friends die in the past few years from Cancer, and too many effected by it now. We had a close call when my wife had to do a bunch of tests to see if she had Pancreatic Cancer earlier this year. And lately two of our members that I know of are in the fight now. So I brought it forth and we will do another Call to Arms. It will run from Nov 1st this year till Feb 28 next year. It will cost to play and all funds collected will go to Cancer Research in the U.S.A this time. Our own Duke Maddog is currently fighting the fight and he will be our Patron for this CTA.
Planning has started and more details will come out soon.
I ask that every one please consider joining or donating to this worthy event so that we can do our part to stamp out this nasty disease sooner rather than later.
Everyone knows someone who has been effected or is currently fighting for their lives or the lives of a loved one. Lets use our hobby to do our part in fighting this cursed enemy.
More to follow.
James

CTA3 coming soon

I'm on board! I'll get the new site up and running ASAP so we'll have a new play ground to work in. :soldier

CTA3 coming soon

You can count me in- for my friends, my dear sisters-in-law and all the others fighting this scourge. I won't be competing, but I'll be offering another piece of custom art as a prize. :drinks

CTA3 coming soon

These are campaigns that I can certainly apply myself to. I am in.

CTA3 coming soon

Sounds good. I've lost two former co-workers to cancer this year, one had just turned 51 and both passed within a few weeks of being diagnosed.

Almost forgot, the better half's father passed away this from cancer this year as well.

Cheers,
Rich

CTA3 coming soon

Count me in again. Wouldn't miss one of these for anything. I will dig out a few kits from the stash to offer up for prizes.

CTA3 coming soon

Bingo! Lost my second wife to cancer and my late co-worker Jerry Watson who was a watchmaker and a model builder as well.

CTA3 coming soon

Cancer....the plague of our times. I am in. Will donate and also participate

CTA3 coming soon

I'm in. This could be a prime opportunity to build one of the race cars I've got in my stash and have been having an itch to build.

CTA3 coming soon

Should have added earlier that when a member earlier this type thing had not come up so not actually sure of what is involved? Would like to participate if possible though

CTA3 coming soon

Should have added earlier that when a member earlier this type thing had not come up so not actually sure of what is involved? Would like to participate if possible though

Basic Campaign rules apply, the main difference being a minimum donation is required for each build entered(last was $10.00). Builds for the previous CTA's were any subject your heart desired. An on-line portal was set-up prior to the start date. Entrants are eligible for the Prize Draws only if they complete the build.

Any unique rules will be published by the Grown-ups before the start date.

Cheers,
Rich

CTA3 coming soon

This will be great. I too will be participating; I'm looking for a good kit to submit for this campaign. Also, if you'd like; my birthday is on the 1st of March. If you want to extend it one day to end then, that would be cool.

CTA3 coming soon

Have a nice 1/72 scale plane all ready to jump on for this. It will also be my 45-ish years later build. Just for fun.

CTA3 coming soon

I guess I am in a Position to provide some insight from "the other side". I deal daily with cancer patients, only yesterday removed a nasty metastasis from the lung of a 5-year old Girl.

It is so important to us to have Support from the public for continuing Research, since funding for medical, non-profit Research has been diminishing all over the globe. New techniques have allowed us to understand things about cancer that were previously unheard of, or unthinkable, but there is always a huge Price and not seldom no Money to pay.

I salute you on this campaign and most definitely will contribute. :salute

If anyone is interested in seeing (reading) how far and interesting cancer Research has become here is a link to some of my publications on pubmed.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3473353/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19011468
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17618868

Cheers

Alex

CTA3 coming soon

Thank you Dr. Alex for what you do in this battle, front line work for sure. :salute

Back