• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA3 update

CTA3 coming soon

James, my apologies for this late reply. I hope your results are not bad, and that you recover from this quickly.

My prayers go out to Jeroen and his family.

My donation was just made for $20.00 so I should be posting my pics in two Threads within the next three days.

Stay tuned for more.

CTA3 coming soon

I'm making no apologies for avoiding the previous two 'Calls' - I have my reasons and they are very personal to me. I was going to avoid this one aswell for those same reasons, however I've done a shed-load of thinking over the last couple of weeks and made a decision to drop-kick my 'baggage' and join the campaign. Whatever difference we can make, has to be a good thing, and really that's all I/we should focus upon.

Ian.

CTA3 coming soon

Welcome Ian. I'm glad to see you join us. Your work and contributions to this Campaign and these Forums are always appreciated.

CTA3 coming soon

I'm in sorta , since I have no plan for a build.

This disease knows no stranger but I can't help but wonder if we would not be better off trying to find the cause rather than looking for band-aids .

Even the treatments are barbaric :pinch:

Christian

CTA3 coming soon

Sorry to hear this Matts. Its a beast. I hope they figure a cure sooner rather than later.
Thoughts and prayers to his family and to you and Veerle.
James

CTA3 coming soon

Welcome Christian! I'm glad that you're here. I think that there are so many causes that it's impossible to truly narrow it down to anything specific.

Some good news for once in order to balance the bad news coming through this Thread:

I had my second biopsy and the results are looking great! I'd been taking Avemar and the results of this treatment are impressive: One sample that was 55% cancer cells in my first biopsy is now shrink down to 20% The rest have shrunk proportionally as well, with one small tumor disappearing completely. Three of my tumors were a Gleason Index of 7; I now have only two at that level.

Things are looking up. Now let's get those models built...

CTA3 coming soon

Hey Mark, These are awesome News. I am very happy for you.

Avemar is really an interesting "drug". It is amazing that it can accomplish all it does (Production of Tumor Nekrosefactor (TNFα), increase Synthesis of ICAM1 Proteins, Downregulation of MHC1 and induction of Apoptosis in tumor cells) without actually being a drug. Are you taking anything else?

2 Tumors with Gleason 7 is ok if that is your highest score. Soon they will also be gone. I think you have, as they say here in Germany, "overcome the curve"... bad Translation, but you get the meaning.

As always, please Count on me to help you in whatever I can.

Cheers

Alex

CTA3 coming soon

Thanks Alex. No I have only been taking the Avemar. My newest urologist didn't think much of it at all until he compared the second biopsy results with the first one. At this rate, I might just be cancer free in another couple years.

As for the Gleason Index 7 tumors; I had three at that rating. Now it is two. And a good English translation might be: "over the hump"! Thanks Alex, for everything. I'll keep you guys posted as I learn things.

Also, all those things Alex mentioned about Avemar's effect on cancer works with ALL cancers. Those of you dealing with it now; I do highly recommend looking into it's use. It is expensive, but well worth it; it tastes pretty nasty, but that is the only "side effect" and it works!

CTA3 Update

Hey there everyone. Some good looking builds going on. So far we have just over $850.00 for this campaign. I know its close to Christmas but I encourage you to please donate. Every dollar counts.
If you haven't yet, please join in and have an enjoyable build amongst friends while contributing in a worthy cause.
James

CTA3 Update

Hey there everyone. Some good looking builds going on. So far we have just over $850.00 for this campaign. I know its close to Christmas but I encourage you to please donate. Every dollar counts.
If you haven't yet, please join in and have an enjoyable build amongst friends while contributing in a worthy cause.
James

Make it $950, got $100 the other day that I haven't let you know about yet. :woohoo:

I'll have 1 or 2 builds worth of donations inbound...once I figure out what the hell I want to build. :facepalm

Hey guys

I think it is amazing that you were able to get this amount for the campaign. Every Cent Counts, this will certainly make a difference.

Have you already decided to which charity will the Money be directed to?

Congratulations.

Cheers

Alex

Hey guys

I think it is amazing that you were able to get this amount for the campaign. Every Cent Counts, this will certainly make a difference.

Have you already decided to which charity will the Money be directed to?

Congratulations.

Cheers

Alex

Hi Alex, this site is full of amazing people. Its the most friendly I have known and the way everyone pulls together is always so amazing. This year the money will go to the American Cancer Society. When we ran our first CTA it went to the Australian Cancer Society. I hope we can do more of them and the moneys collected will go to the cancer society for whichever country our "face" lives in. I'm not sure what their title should be but it is for someone in our group with cancer or who is immediately affected. In that way we are showing our support for a friend and making this more personal. Mark aka Duke Maddog is our sponsor this year and he is a prolific and talented modeller and I think a friend to us all.

No matter which country the money goes to I believe it helps as the Doctors and scientists share their research in the war on Cancer.

I am very proud to be in a group of guys and gals who share my interests in modeling and who leap at the chance to help each other. Its very humbling to be part of this great community.
James

No matter which country the money goes to I believe it helps as the Doctors and scientists share their research in the war on Cancer.

Absolutely! With this amount of Money I could get 3 vials of antibodies which would carry me for a full year doing immunohistochemistry or western blots. It does make a difference.

Congratulations once again.

Alex

Just found out yesterday a close friend from college has kidney cancer and is starting the fight in earnest...so I've got some extra motivation.

Is there any other business that needs to be taken care of?

Today I made the donation of $1400.00 to the American Cancer Society. I think that breaks our record in donations from the previous two CTAs. Well done folks!

I want to thank everyone for participating and most of all donating! Thank you James for lighting a fire under on this, all the donors and sponsors. Job well done!

:drinks

Well done! Thank you, James for spearheading this.

Rage-well-done.png

Just to make sure to thank the rest who made it happen, we'll make it a double.

:drinks

Back