• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA3 update

CTA3 coming soon

Thank you Dr. Cancer is an insidious disease and anything we can do to help eradicate it is worthwhile.
James

CTA3 coming soon

I lost my second wife 2 weeks after our second anniversary to Inflamatory breast cancer.

Thanks for being a part of our little group Alex. I am sure that everyone here has high respect for what you do. :notworthy

If you ever come over for a visit to St. Jude Children's hospital let me know and we can get a beer and visit.

CTA3 coming soon

Prezado Dr.Alex.

Meus parabéns pelos excepcionais serviços prestados em prol da saúde humana! :zen :salute

:drinks

Luiz

CTA3 coming soon

Prezado Dr.Alex.

Meus parabéns pelos excepcionais serviços prestados em prol da saúde humana!

Unless Dr. Alex lê Português, here is a translation:

"Dear Dr.alex.

My congratulations for the exceptional services provided in support of human health!"

I work in a hospital and have seen what has been done. The pediatric oncology ward breaks my heart each time I walk through. It takes a lot out of one to see these braves souls and care for them. Thanks Dr. Alex.

Regards,

CTA3 coming soon

Dear Saul.

Dr. Alex , reads Portuguese too... :D

Btw, thanks for the translation!

Best!

Luiz

CTA3 coming soon

Hey guys

I am very humbled and thankful for your words, just wanted to say 2 things:
No one should thank me, actually I am the one that is thankful to God (or Yahweh, or Allah, or Budda, or whomever you want) for the opportunity to assist and help these children get better. Each time i see one of them being discharged my heart is filled with joy. We do not win always but even then I know that we have done our best and still can help the family process their loss.
Secondly, it's just Alex please! We are among friends here and I am just a clumsy that cannot put an 1/72 kit together well, surrounded by masters.
Have a nice weekend everyone.

Cheers

Alex

PS Paul if I am ever in the area I will most definitely take you up on your offer!
PS2 Saul, like Luis I was born and raised in Brasil. Portuguese is my native language (albeit nowadays I have lost it a bit). I am fluent in 6 languages and manage 2 others enough, but Portuguese was the first!

CTA3 coming soon

CTA3_Banner_02.jpg

Okay folks lets start getting serious. I have started spreading the word to my family and friends and the modeling community on Facebook. November 1st is the start date. Figure which model you will enter , spread the word around, get ready for a fun 4 month campaign. Again all moneys will go towards Cancer research in the States and Mark, Duke Maddog is our Patron this year.. Here's hoping Mark get well soon and that we can better our last CTA to fight this evil disease.
Rules will be posted soon. Please don't donate money yet as the portal will only open on the First of November.
Many thanks to Chuck for the spiffy banner he has made for us. And many thanks to all the sponsors who have offered some very nice prizes.
And mostly, Many thanks to you our members for all the spirit you put into this worthy cause.
Countdown is now on!
James

CTA3 coming soon

This is awesome. Chuck, I commend you on the outstanding banner. That really does look magnificent! I think the ribbon should look very similar, but that is the decision of James as host of this.

For those interested, I have a PSA test and bone scan to schedule. Once those are done, I'll be biopsied again to "re-stage" me and see where this cancer is going. I probably won't know the results for a few weeks yet.

Okay, now to go see what model I want to start for this on November first.......

Back