• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Cleaning up the hobby room

Gator

The clutter in my tiny hobby room was getting out of control. Spent part of the day getting rid of clutter and moving some things out to my brother-in-law’s dad’s workshop. Today I finally got a permanent solution for the laser printer. I went to Lowe’s and bought a 18” x 36” unfinished base cabinet. I put a nice plywood top on it and I have a piece of 1/2” oak I can rip down and edge the top. No more wobbly TV tray!

59A5F6C8-FA28-4C4A-8281-E07349E1488E.jpeg

Nice job! We went looking at some outbuildings for the new house. I might be shackin' up with the dog house. That's a great idea for finishing work bench areas.

Sometimes I do forget where I put things. That's why I try to label the bins.

Nice job! We went looking at some outbuildings for the new house. I might be shackin' up with the dog house. That's a great idea for finishing work bench areas.
We lost our small storage building in the hurricane. It was one of those small kits you can get at the lumber yard. Renee said the new building will have electricity to it and be my woodworking shop.

We lost our small storage building in the hurricane. It was one of those small kits you can get at the lumber yard. Renee said the new building will have electricity to it and be my woodworking shop.
Does the new building include A/C? TV? Fridge? Couch to watch football games from? The important stuff!

A/C - Yup
TV- No Way
Internet connection -Yup
Bathroom - Yup
Couch to nap on - Yup
Fridge - Hmmmm, maybe

Now, for my new hobby room -
A/C? - Yes
TV? - Yes
Fridge? - it's in the kitchen, not that far away
Couch? - No room

I do have a really nice high back office chair with lumbar support and the rollerblade style wheels.

I really need to get the floor in the back room done so I can build a new bench and move the modelling stuff and simrig back into there.

SWMBO reminds me that there is a mini-fridge in HER sewing room next door and the master bedroom is across the hall. She just doesn't understand the NEED for a 72" TV and a couch for football season. She thinks the living room is fine, just so long as I don't turn the TV up too loud or shout a lot.

Back