• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Classic airframes Avro Anson Finished

paddy

DSC_7728_zps308df39f.jpg

I have finished my foray into things that crawl along the ground and am now making plans for a return to the air.
This is a special hobby/classic airframes Avro Anson Mk1 early version with the green house cabin.
Its crude in so much as its short run

24113anson1.jpg

Detail on the props for example is basic

24113anson5.jpg

Some ejector pins are bigger than the detail on the parts :laugh:
Plus side is the kit comes with a bag of resin and small PE fret

24113anson2.jpg

And i also have the very comprehensive flightpath PE set which should be fun.....

24113anson3.jpg

So there we have it, a lot of work but all the basics you need to make a good model..i hope. ;)
this is what we are aiming for

Avro_Anson_652A_MkI_crop_img3.jpg

Re: Classic airframes Avro Anson Mk1 1/48

Not to worry, the mud will call him back to the ground soon enough.

Looks like a lot of work to be done on this Paddy, I'll be in the corner :popcorn

I know they are short run kits, but hate the extra work involved in a CA model. Looking forward to seeing what you make of it though. Dont suppose you'll make a flashy yellow and black striped BCATP one will you?
James

It is so ugly that I like it...

I am still hoping to score a Blenheim Mk IV.

Regards,

Its nice to see you back in the air again Paddy

This looks like it'll be a sweet build. Lots of glass!

:popcorn

(y) :yipee (y) (y) ! Alright Paddy, you're headed down my alley now.

Looking forward to this one . Can't help but want one of these. They look so much like something grandpa might have tinkered with in the barn (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Nice one Paddy, make sure you dry fit until your fingers bleed - it's the only way to tame a CA kit!

Just noticed something here, so I have to ask . The build states 1/48 but the box is marked as 1/72 .

Which is it ?

Cheers, Christian :coolio

Well spotted Christian :) Its the 1/48 version, i cheated and lifted a pic of the net rather than take a pic of my box Mine is the early version I have put this right now :)

DSC_7728_zps308df39f.jpg

Sorry, but I have ( of course ) the 1/72version here . I was hopping to see just what I would be up against. The exact box you posted .

No matter, as I will watch anyway.

It's just too quirky to not like it . Break out the Windex for the windows :rotf

:popcorn :popcorn Cheers, Christian B)

sorry Christian, i bet its the same kit just scaled down. the 1/48 version has all the parts in resin, also in plastic on the sprus so i guess they just scaled it all for both kits then added resin with the 1/48

Maybe but different brand names anyway. Still , there is so much I don't know about the Anson.

If you show some sprue shots, I can see if it is a scale down model.

Cheers, Christian B)

I'd hate to see that PE in 1:72. Gorgeous kit paddy!!!

Well having said that I had to look at mine :S

Luckily there's only a small PE fret and I did not get anything additional except for the mask. There's is however a bucket of resin goodies .

Cheers, Christian B)

Never given the 'Annie' a second thought but having now seen it 'in the flesh', it really does appeal, but not so much for me to actually commit to build one anytime soon !!

Will follow your build closely, Paddy.

Ian

i have always had a soft spot for the Annie. It stems from building the Airfix kit 45 years ago at a time when all i could aford with my pocket money was series 1 kits in plastic bags. This series 2 kit in a box was something special :) i was so proud of it a life long friendship with the Annie was started.
I had a quick look through my photo album and i dont seem to have much on the Anson Mk1, just a few pictures of the later mks doing the airshow circuit in the UK i took a few year back. so..this build is on hold for a couple of days while i bomb up to Duxford with my camera a do a walk-round of their Mk1. Hopefully Monday weather permitting.

some walkarounds on the net:
http://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/anson/anson_walk.shtml

http://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/anson/anson_walk2.shtml

http://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/anson/anson_walk3.shtml

Regards,

Back