• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Citroen 11 CV

White_Wolf

Master at Arms
I love the 1940's cars. Sometimes I can see them on the road, going to an event or a parade and I slow down a bit to look at them. Lovely old ladies :love

Citroen Traction 11CV is my choice for this one. Start pic below.

h58ec542.JPG

Not too many kits in 1/35th unfortunately.

Laurence

I love the 1940's cars. Sometimes I can see them on the road, going to an event or a parade and I slow down a bit to look at them. Lovely old ladies :love

Citroen Traction 11CV is my choice for this one. Start pic below.

h58ec542.JPG

Not too many kits in 1/35th unfortunately.

Laurence

Can't say I have ever seen one on this side of the pond but I certainly remember them while they were still on the roads ......Strangely, I can only remember them in black :idonno Might of been the only factory color offered .

Good choice (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Thank you Gents, appreciate it :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Progress below, all going to plan, not to put a jinx on this, but it's really smooth, spot on Ryan :D

Christian, I have been able to find some photos of these babies, most of them were black. Very few that I found not showing black, but blue. Not much else. So black it is, a shiny, polished, classy look. How to get to that is another story.

I have only tried it once with a London bus, and that was a disaster, so any help here would be much appreciated. I could go for acrylic black with gloss varnish, but I think it may not end up being what I want.

I have heard of enamels, then fine sandpaper 4,000, 6,000, 8,000 then 10,000 grit (I have them all), then a wax (I got Tamiya wax) then polished with a cloth, got that one too. Not sure if this is right so please help me out here.

In the meantime, the photo shows almost everything in place. Not too many pieces on the sprues, but they all fit nicely and give it a good look. I got some suitcases for this one too, unfortunately the trunk cannot be showed open. Doors can though :D

h1fadf3b.JPG

Cheers,

Laurence

Actually, I would suggest starting with a flat black base. The flat colors have finer pigments and they spray much better. Then take a cloth and burnish it until you have a slight sheen to it. Be sure to just rub the surface so that it is smooth. don't rub hard, don't rub through the color, and don't put scratches in it. Then spray a fine clear coat over it. The flat gives the color, the rubbing removes much of the flat "tooth" of the color and the clear gloss gives the finish.

I find that gloss pigments don't give good results especially on small items.

As an added comment, it seems that the painted parts of the wheels were a creamy color.

As for the gloss black, I have not seen anything better that the Tamiya rattle cans.....

Cheers, Christian B)

So black it is, a shiny, polished, classy look. How to get to that is another story. I could go for acrylic black with gloss varnish, but I think it may not end up being what I want.

Cheers,

Laurence

Laurence - check my Pontiac project here . The black is Tamiya acrylic straight from the rattle-can - not decalled and varnished yet. Could be what you need... :idonno

Ian.

Very nice paint job .... all your painting of your cars Rattle can ...... How Quaint ..... sound like you really like this stuff ..... Ian

Gerry

Thank you all :notworthy

Paul - that's a good idea, thanks for the tip.

Christian - indeed the wheels are "creamy" colour White & Orange 5:1 ratio according to the instructions

Ian, thanks for the link mate, that looks pretty much like what I want for my project :drinks

MP, Gerry & Luiz, thanks for watching :D

Laurence

A small update - body painted with Tamiya black - Ian, legend (y)

ha854a13.JPG

Dust shall be removed of course. The interior is apparently light grey, dashboard is matt black so that is Vallejo colours.

More updates soon I hope.

Thanks for watching,

Laurence

Back