• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Changing it up - Tamiya Panzer II

Greetings fellow classmates!

Looks like all this nonsense of travelling for work every other week is finally over and I am hoping to start making some progress on all these builds I have going on.

I finished a couple of steps on the Panzer II and have, I think, caught up on my homework.

First thing to do was to mix a lighter shade of the base RAL8020, which I did by adding some more XF-15 until I was happy, and adding some highlights to the various details. I forgot to photograph this step, but I am happy with most of the results. I added a gloss coat next to prepare for the washes. For the pin wash I used Ammo’s Africa Korps Wash, a dark brown enamel wash that I tried to flow around all of the details. I think it turned out pretty well.

Post_6_1~3.jpg

And a shot of the hull alone

Post_6_2~3.jpg

Next up I added some additional chipping using a sponge and a small pointy brush. I used the base XF-63 for the dark gray, and I added some rusty scratches and chips using Ammo’s Chipping Color paint. The chipping color doesn’t show up real well against the gray, but I will use some techniques to hopefully enhance it a little bit.

Post_6_3~2.jpg

Post_6_4~2.jpg

Most of the enhancement was done on the turret. Overall I think the chips and scratches could be better, its something I need to keep practicing at.

A few weeks ago I spent a little time getting the base together for the eventual finished product. I need to be just a little further on the tank and then I can get that moving as well.

Post_6_5~2.jpg

Thanks for looking folks!
As always, comments and questions are always appreciated.
Mike

Working now. Looks good so far. I think you can add some pigments next. I would apply tha same way as a pin wash. Suspend the pigment in turpinoids. Less is more at this point.

Thanks guys!

Ok - pigments next. I need to catch up on the accessories and things first. Then I'll move onto the pigments.

Back