• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Carlo Faggioni's SM.79bis ANR (2nd plane)

Carlo Faggioni's SM.79 (281-4)

Hey Christian, Starboard has 2 R's for right. That's how I managed to remember it anyway.

Looking good Alex! Thanks for posting those interior pics! I have the Trumpeter 1/48 kit and those will come in handy.

Hey Christian, Starboard has 2 R's for right. That's how I managed to remember it anyway.

Looking good Alex! Thanks for posting those interior pics! I have the Trumpeter 1/48 kit and those will come in handy.

:pilot I understand but I don't go to the head either :coolio That's gireene term for I'm on a ship :rotf

Thanks guys!

Christian, my great-grandfather was a sailor, so was my grandpa and my dad. Those terms were learned before even I was able to say my name!

Paul, if you need info on the SM.79 I strongly recommend the issue of Ali d'italia, either the separate ones (9 and 11) or the conjoint reissue (28). I have them in a zip file of you want, PM me your email and I will send them over.

As for a previous question, the scheme will be the C1 (base in yellow, large blotches of green and brown) with the front of the airplane in a bluish tone of grey, which was used to reduce visibility from the ships being torpedoed. It has been done many times, I know, but I really like it. Maybe later in any another campaign I will venture on the more colorful Sparvieros.

Good night everyone

Alex

So a little update. I got the internal paint all done and did some work on the additional parts (tires and so on). I will work tonight on the post-shading for the interior and post some more pictures tomorrow.

For scale, our 1-Cent is exactly as big as your Penny in the US.

Cheers and thanks for looking

Alex

hdcbc268.JPG

hb16b4a4.JPG

he09b92a.JPG

h41c8201.JPG

h5cc43eb.JPG

h245ce22.JPG

he22b501.JPG

h6b16521.JPG

Thanks everyone. Nice to have you back Dave! :dude

The post-shading (internal) is ready. I did not overdo this time, maybe it was too little, but still I like the interior green color - and the Sparvieros were not that dirty. Some wiring is in place. Hope you like it.

Cheers

Alex

h6a7b8fd.JPG

h3c918a3.JPG

h8dad8b0.JPG

ha961165.JPG

hbd766df.JPG

h531c4b9.JPG

h1b49ac7.JPG

h7584da4.JPG

Looks close enough to me Alex. It's going to be dark in there when it's closed up anyway (y)

Keep at it . Cheers, Christian B)

Hey Alex, I had a thought about your difficulties with masking clear canopies using Tamiya type tape. As you do your painting with a brush, that type tape can let it bleed under. You might try some of the clear Scotch type tape. A little "desticking" of the tape before placing it can help. Should give better crisp edges and shouldn't have as much bleed under trouble as the paper tapes.

Just some more thinking outside the box.

The SM79 is really looking good Alex! (y) Keep up the good work!

I agree with Christian, once it's closed-up a lot of the detail work will be too hard to see. That said, Alex, I really like what you've done.

Ian.

Very Nice Doc ... You & I know the detail is in there ... even if you can't see it ... so I say excellent job on the detail work ... looks very good and even if know one else knows your efforts ... you know the job was done right ... keep the build pictures so you can show the inside after she's closed up ... You are one Heck of a modeler ... One thing that keeps Me from trying too much ... :salute :woohoo: :pilot

Thanks everyone

I hope you will like the exterior as well. C1-Scheme applied, now beginning the finishing touches. I am please with the result so far. I think one of the things I love most in modelling are these italian WWII camouflages...

See for yourselves:

h96b0bcd.JPG

h26e18b4.JPG

h2a1f3b6.JPG

h13631cc.JPG

hb32b105.JPG

h0fe8158.JPG

Cheers and thanks for looking,

Alex

Back