• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Campaign Schedule(UPDATED)

I'm not sure I would ever buy a kit just to meet the requirements of a campaign, that's just silly IMHO. I agree with Paddy, if you have something you want to build that doesn't fit any where just build it ! I do like the idea of some general ribbons that could be earned by building in the general forum (Wesendorf Field) provided the builder follows the guide lines that have been in place for campaigns such as a start photo showing the unbuilt kit and at least some in progress photos. These could be for general topics such as WWII aircraft or armor or ships etc, maybe a similar group for WWI, Korea, between wars, desert storm, figures, etc.

Personally, if the Campaigns gets us to build something we may not have built and share it, that's cool. If you build something and share it on the other forums that doesn't fit a campaign, that's cool. If we have a campaign underway that fits something you want to build, that's cool also.

Bottom line is, let's build something! :soldier :pilot :captain :mpup

I'm not sure I would ever buy a kit just to meet the requirements of a campaign, that's just silly IMHO

But if you already have a kit that fits a campaign then the campaign is not getting you to build anything you wouldn't normally build anyway.
Personally i think its silly having 100's of $ tied up in a personal stash when you can get the model shop to hold the stash and call off what you want when you want :) Isn't that the whole point of shops ?
I always buy something to fit a campaign , I don't have any unmade kits, with the internet you can have anything you want the next day anyway :)
Look at it this way.....Someone says we shall have a campaign and the subject is cavalry soldiers of the napoleonic period...Now that is something i would not normally build but what a great idea :) I might be tempted to buy something that fits the bill, do some research and try something new.
Now think...someone says we will have a campaign and the subject is WWII..
I think well i will build something but i would build it anyway so i will just stick it on a normal thread..

See (y)

Back to the schedule.

I got the old campaigns closed and archived, I've been taking a :smack for not doing this for a while so no more :smack

Good job to everyone who engaged in those Campaigns, Movies and Show your Junk. I came close on Movies...damn tracks :bang head And I got my WnW Junkers pulled out but never got started on it. I gotta get the heat fixed in the garage for next build season!

You have lost me now ? why do you need a campaign to build what you want ?
The reason this forum has a limited active membership is probably because it doesnt present challenges to builders. There are so many campagnes running that everything is covered all the time so the campaigns are the same as just building what you want in the normal categories like aircraft, armour or ships.
Challenging campagnes attract builders from other forums like the charity build here a few years ago, i remember joining another forum because they were doing a WnW build campaign some time ago. I joined another years ago because they were doing a P47 build.
Given that everyone can build what they want when they want anyway a campaign has to offer something different and i think it should be exclusive ie: one campaign at a time.

Hey Paddy--

Not sure if this was directed at me or not...so I will just speak for me. I like the campaigns as I am more likely to build something to its completion when I have others to do it with. I don't get as much joy out of just building for myself anymore and those are the projects that tend to stall out. The Main Battle Tank build gave me something out of the norm to try-- I probably would have never bought an AMX-30B as that was not what I would normally build, but when I saw that it was the last ribbon designed by John I really wanted to try something out of my comfort zone-- and it turns out in doing so that I am really enjoying these modern armor kits now.

Back to the schedule.

I got the old campaigns closed and archived, I've been taking a :smack for not doing this for a while so no more :smack

Good job to everyone who engaged in those Campaigns, Movies and Show your Junk. I came close on Movies...damn tracks :bang head And I got my WnW Junkers pulled out but never got started on it. I gotta get the heat fixed in the garage for next build season!

Don't feel bad Bob, I didn't get my Ju87A done either. Was kickin along on it and ran smack dab into the "It's WRONG!" wall. :bang head :bang head Still have the box setting open and ready to work on, just have been working on other things.

At this point I know the Arizona won't be finished in time. Just about everything on the kit has to be tweaked and redone to get it really right, and it SHOULD be done REALLY RIGHT! So, better right than quick. When I finish up the 5 inch guns you will get an idea of the difference. If I have any of the extra junky parts left from building the 5 inchers I will put up a compare. The main turrets need some corrections, and I don't know yet what else needs rework. All they take is time, a LOT of timne. I will get back on it once the T-90 is done.

If everyone takes a census and wants to award an Arizona ribbon to anyone that completes a large scale Arizona (1/350 or larger) irregardless of the time takes would be ok by me. I know the 1/350 kit is a nail biter too, so anyone wanting to tackle either is in for a long chore build. If the consensus is to make awards for epic type builds I can make some ribbons for them. I know that there are several folks with the Big Trumpy Arizona in MA but have only seen a small handful of finished builds on the entire internet. A very significant ship, but a very long involved build to do it correctly. Let me know folks. Bit off more than I could chew in a year and it seems that none of the other detailed Arizona builds I have seen was done quickly either.

On a positive note my T-90 is coming along well though. Will have the base tank finished nicely but will still need to make a display base , figures and flag. That will take some time and I have not done any wood cutting in a while.

I also intend to start the Val this weekend. We will see.

OK guys let's focus on completing those campaigns. When we go to the new site we will have new campaign rules in play and the schedule will be set in stone.

I think the reasons behind getting in on campaigns, nor not getting on them has been hashed out well enough now. Git to the bench! :smack :mpup

Hey Paul, good idea for awarding ribbons for epic builds. That would be cool. Maybe I can get one for completing 700 small scale armor models! LOL! :blink :silly: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Just joking of course. Pics of the whole collection will be up in November sometime....

I may not be able to finish the Cargo Haulers even though I want that ribbon badly. Trying to get a smooth finish on my huge aircraft seems to be beyond my skill level. :facepalm :bang head I'll keep trying though.....

A L A R M... A L A R M...

On Friday we finish the Torpedo campaign so get those 'tin fish' haulers done folks.

I'm sure that everyone knows that there'll be no new Campaigns starting before we trundle-over to the new site/host, so I won't mention it this time. :facepalm

Two Campaigns to finish at the end of October, check the list to make sure you don't leave it too late. Keep on modelling friends... what else would you be doing with all that spare time that you get :hmmm

Ian.

Spare time? what the hell is that You mean the time I now have to spend helping my kids with homework?

A L A R M
A L A R M

Ladeez & Gennelmen Campaigns for Tankers Tangle and Pearl Harbour are at an end time to get those 'completed builds' pics taken and posted-up.

And that is pretty much it, see you next month.

Ian.

Hold the grits, Bob not my thing, think you can git them shrimps done by spring 2018 ??, think that's what we're aiming for !!

Ian.

Back