• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

C-123

Short update, colors on, tomorrow touch up and clear coat

c123-b12.jpg

OK, another squeaker, I should have been finished midday but first one thing then another. But I did make it and here it is...

c123.b13.jpg

c123.b14.jpg

c123.b15.jpg

c123.b16.jpg

c123.b17.jpg

c123.b18.jpg

c123.b19.jpg

c123.b20.jpg

All in all not a terrible kit but it needs to be treated as a limited run type. Several fiddly areas all mentioned in during the build. The landing gear is crap, if I was going to do another I'd just pin the main gear to the bay side wall and forget the struts. As you can see they are all but hidden anyway.

This will be my last campaign for a while as I'm going to try to reduce the backlog of unfinished campaign and non campaign kits that are cluttering up my shop.

Thanks for looking !

Looks great Gary, if I may, the dirt pattern form the nose gear should be much wider imho. Love the SEA scheme and your panel treatment against it. Really pops! (y)

Thanks guys ! I agree Bob, actually they all could be a bit heavier, I was tempted to leave the main gear doors off as that was often done in Vietnam to make it easier to clean the mud accumulation out of the wheel wells.

Way to go on a sensational build. I do want one of those in my collection; hopefully someday.

Outstanding work on the camouflage pattern and panel lines. I can never get mine to look that good no matter how hard I try. Truly masterful! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

As always, Gary, your stuff is avian art or something like that. I like the finish. Grand stuff.

Back