• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

C-123

Old Dog

This will be my entry for this campaign, required start photos will be posted when I get closer to starting this one. I have AM decals for a bird in SEA colors and will probably go with those. No PE or mask set seems to be available so it looks like this one will be OOB except for markings. I seem to recall doing a review of this one when it came out if anyone is interested as to what is in the box.

c123-box.jpg

And that, except for the micro model campaign completes my dance card for this year.

It's about time to get this one started so here are the required start up photos

c123start1.jpg

c123start2.jpg

Still no after market love for this kit so it looks like I'm on my own. I do have Maketar's canopy survival kit and a sheets of circles, squares and triangles that should ease my canopy masking chores. I still need to round up paints as my inventory does not currently have any of the common SEA colors of the era but I shouldn't need them for a while. Stay tuned, things should be happening soon.

Are you going to do it with the jets on the wings? Had a chance to fly in one from Bien Hoa to Cu Chi.Gary

This kit does not have the jets. So far Roden has released three kits, 2 B's and one K and none have the jets

I need one of these in my collection as well. I'd heard this kit had issues, but I still want one. I'll be following this one with great interest.

There were C-123's on the base where I was stationed in the service and I did work on one or two of them. Interestingly enough, one of the still flying examples was stationed there the same time I was and could have been one of the ones I worked on...

Air Heritage C-123K

I believe there were only two samples built but there was no interest.

Looked interesting though if that's your interest.I really liked the camo but i'm not sure where I saw it... Sorry .

Cheers,Christian B)

Back