• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Britts Construction Company '65 pickup

I know it looks like gang tagged wreck found under an overpass but wait there's more.

20240709_181244.jpg

20240709_195052.jpg

Here's my take on the Fawn color on the inside. It's a green brown with metallizer medium from Vallejo. I got a lot more to do inside yet.

I'm really pleased with this.

20240709_195435.jpg

20240709_195442.jpg

20240709_195449.jpg

Hope y'all like it. I'll have a white roof on it tomorrow.

Tamiya Flat Red. Nothing special. I'm going to mask the bed and do the wood effect paint job back there. There was a huge metal custom made tool box in the back of that truck that I'm going to scratch build.

Cockpit painted up, I got a piece of glass to install over the IP.
1720996827622.png

Oh shit, I got to do a radio!! I'm not hung up on making it the exact Motorola setup, just something plausible. I see I need to touch up the paint job on the steering wheel.

1720997009403.png

I did an ever so slight clear orange gloss over what I did yesterday. Now I have to paint the metal rails, not sure if they were painted or just metal. I know the after market makes them in chrome but this is a work truck.

1720997053314.png

I keep having to come back and touch up here and there on the cab. I had a major fubar, tipped over a bottle of Plasi-weld and it soaked the front driver side quarter panel. I kept my fat fingers off it till it evaporated and only a bit if paint was disturbed. That's that funky haze you see there. But what I want to point out is the black seal for the windshield and chrome frame for the side vent. Oh @paddy it's looking like the windshield is a bit short for the frame. Back window is fine but there's a slight gap up front, I had to sand it down for the scratches and it's soaking in some Aquaclear from Alclad.

And oh, the idea that this cab would just slip over the chassis and engine installed, with the fan is fantasy. Building up sub assemblies and will install the engine once the cab is in place. The hood will be glued but I'm doing a fair job on the engine because you can see it from underside.

It's looking really good Bob! The wood bed is looking GREAT! You need to make a stand for the glue to prevent the tip overs.

After a couple of glue spills I solved that and have had no further problems. I use the glass syringes to refill the glue bottle. The wooden handles are on some metal spatula types that I use to apply CA accelerator to CA, and the old pointy paint brush is on the other side pointing up.

Glue solvent and CA quickset holder.jpg

TT-GlueH-03.jpg

Back