• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Britts Construction Company '65 pickup

20240807_161650.jpg20240807_161655.jpg
8 1/5 x 11 on clear and white decal paper. A 1/72 Britt Construction B-36, perhaps?
20240807_162320.jpg
4X6 on clear and white decal paper. I put Hawaiian flags and "Honolulu" on these for your Minnow Imposter kit as well. Use the clear "Honolulu"s and the white decal paper flags.
I just cain't hardly stand to watch a Man struggle. :bat

That yellow was taken directly from the yellow in the truck photograph. I tried to pick a pixel that was the average color to use. Anyway it looks like it solved your problem.
BRITT FINISHED.jpg

That yellow was taken directly from the yellow in the truck photograph. I tried to pick a pixel that was the average color to use. Anyway it looks like it solved your problem.
View attachment 172717
And this is a great example of how we can't trust the colors in a color photo. That image is from a 35mm slide, I'm sure there's some sun fading that happened to that sticker but I think the color shift in the photo has some effect.
Thanks everyone for the assist on this. :notworthy

Aw shucks. 'Pup. T'weren't hardly nuthin'. Just doin' mah part.
The clear printed decals may be a little translucent, so that could contribute to a vintage look or an orange look!:lol:
It's totally cool to apply these in layers. That's why there are lots of them!

Big thanks to everyone helping with the decals and especially @Rhino for saying "damn stop overthinking it" and sent me some. I got so many Britt Construction decals everything's gonna get stickered!

20240814_191436.jpg

I masked off where it was going to be thinking it was going to be translucent.

20240814_192433.jpg

Turns out it didn't need it, Chris printed it on white paper.

20240814_192417.jpg

I was thinking this was a bit too big but I really don't think so. Chris also hooked me up with some of the bumper stickers also. All our cars had them back in the day. I'm going to put some clear coats on this and I have some more bits to add in the bed. I really don't like the construction flaws I have and I will do this again keeping lessons learned in mind.

Looks like it is turning out quite well. Next one you should try and figure out a way to lengthen the bed. Do some magic! :devil:

3D-Genie and the lamp.gif
3D-Zorro.gif
3D-Hypnotize.gif
You can do it, You can do it,

Next one you should try and figure out a way to lengthen the bed.
Uh...no. I am going to try and make the tailgate more realistic, cut in the stake holes on the bed and make sure the hood and grill parts line up well. Might salvage parts from this one.
BTW, My brother told me there were two of these trucks, a short bed and long bed so I'm not wrong here. :stinker:

You weren't supposed to say anything about our private, personal conversation! BIG GOOF!
I call my friends on Tuesday. NOT all of my friends. I suppose, after all things, it isn't classified Top Secret.
The truck looks amazing. I wonder what other Britt's Construction projects you may embark upon.

I don't remember signing a NDA, course I never much cared for them anyway.
Who knows, maybe the '70 GMC.
FH000048.jpg

Yes that's the same black tool box that was on the '65.
this is from the seal job at Charleston AFB base about 71 or 72.
How about a good ol' scraper?
FH000066.jpg

Big thanks to everyone helping with the decals and especially @Rhino for saying "damn stop overthinking it" and sent me some. I got so many Britt Construction decals everything's gonna get stickered!

View attachment 172856

I masked off where it was going to be thinking it was going to be translucent.

View attachment 172857

Turns out it didn't need it, Chris printed it on white paper.

View attachment 172858

I was thinking this was a bit too big but I really don't think so. Chris also hooked me up with some of the bumper stickers also. All our cars had them back in the day. I'm going to put some clear coats on this and I have some more bits to add in the bed. I really don't like the construction flaws I have and I will do this again keeping lessons learned in mind.

Wow, that really looks amazing Bob!

Very well done!! :tens:

Back