• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Britts Construction Company '65 pickup

What an awesome build, Bob! I love it 👌👌👌
Reminds me of my Granddad's truck. His was a faded green, white roof. Had 1x board rails on the bed that read 'Simpson's Sevice Center'. His JD repair business back in the 70's.
It's a cheap kit that begs for memories Tim. git'er done!

It's a cheap kit that begs for memories Tim. git'er done!
You made the kit look like a million bucks. Just an excellent build!
I still have Granddad's sign that was on his shop building.
1000007917.jpg

20240802_181217.jpg

As you can see there's some issues here, reason I want another shot at this already.

20240802_181255.jpg

Flat black on the tool box then some gloss, need to beat it up with some rust dust and dirt.
I used white oil paint on the raised letters of the tail gate, the stuff still ain't dry yet! I guess I did lay it on thick. I'm probably going to redo this rear bumper to match the photo better.

I know it's getting a bit repetitive but there's more update here. Beating up the tool box. Just throwing a bunch of washes and filters at it.
20240804_182631.jpg
20240804_182641.jpg

Got bumpers attached, they need some treatment, scratches, not dented, remember these were bumpers made of high grade American steel, bounce against that bad boy it'll total my Tundra.

20240804_182651.jpg

Dark panel wash around the doors. I don't know if that's one in the car building world but I think it pops.
20240804_182701.jpg

If you notice back on the reference photo the truck had a steel bumper that looked like a bent C channel beam bent to shape.

20240804_182708.jpg

The white lettering is done with oil, it's still a bit tacky, need to clean up a but more around the lettering then do some more weathering on the back, all around for that matter. Think I'm getting close.

The Prodigal tailgate shows up! Neat-O!
Will you drill the lug nut holes on the spare tire too then?
I can, I'll probably use it on the mulligan build. I want to get the construction right in case I ever want to show this.

20240805_192431.jpg
20240805_192442.jpg
20240805_192457.jpg

I've dirtied up the bed some. Spilt oil and put a dry brush of metal here and there. Running board got some attention.

On the mulligan I'll drill out the stake post holes and pay more attention to the tailgate rear end section. I'm going to wrap this up pretty soon with the decal but I am going to build this again. The painting is just fun!

Back