• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Blackburn Skua

Thanks Luiz, James , Dave and Warren .

Ed, if you had been here to take care of some of my issues, I might have gotten back to this sooner :idonno . Glad to be back none the less .

Cheers, Christian B)

VERY cool! Nobody does it like you do Chris!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN99jshaQbY

Thanks Luiz, James , Dave and Warren .

Ed, if you had been here to take care of some of my issues, I might have gotten back to this sooner :idonno . Glad to be back none the less .

Cheers, Christian B)

If I coulda helped out, I woulda :drinks

Uau, very nice! As I PM'd you before, I am not very keen on British planes (with the few obvious exceptions), but I admire your work with this "ugly" bird!

Interestingly, those 2 skuas you mentioned are the same ones depicted on the Airfix He-111P just released, actually you can assemble the version of the downed German bird of your magazine.

Looking forward to the next chapter!

Cheers

Alex

Uau, very nice! As I PM'd you before, I am not very keen on British planes (with the few obvious exceptions), but I admire your work with this "ugly" bird!

Interestingly, those 2 skuas you mentioned are the same ones depicted on the Airfix He-111P just released, actually you can assemble the version of the downed German bird of your magazine.

Cheers

Alex

True, you did :lol: . Guess I forgot my self :hmmm

Interesting about the tie between the HE 111 and the Skuas .

It was not intentional . Just an odd coincidence :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

Cheers

Alex

Cheers, Christian B)

I don't believe in coincidences... :idonno :pilot

Cheers

Alex

Cheers, Christian B)

Oh well, you'll just have to live with this one then :coolio

Cheers

Alex

Cheers, Christian B)

Oh well, you'll just have to live with this one then :coolio

:drinks :drinks :frantic

Hello all . Managed to get a bit of work done on this bird this weekend ( just a bit ).

The main components are together blended in and scribed .

Skua_progress_002a.jpg

If only the canopy would fit, we would be ready for primer .

Sort of an odd thing . It was too wide in the front, so I added .020 stock to the fuselage, now the sides look too narrow :frantic Guess I'll solve that with the saw.

I added some latch detail in .010 Amazing how thick it looks in the picture ( More sanding )

Skua_progress_001a.jpg

And I'll have to start on this amazing looking resin engine soon. Hope it fits in the cowl when it's assembled .

Skua_progress_003a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Nice progress :good: So, ya sayin' the canopy's a tad too narrow now? :hmmm Try heating the canopy & spreading the bottom... :drinks

Hello all . Managed to get a bit of work done on this bird this weekend ( just a bit ).

The main components are together blended in and scribed .

Skua_progress_002a.jpg

If only the canopy would fit, we would be ready for primer .

Sort of an odd thing . It was too wide in the front, so I added .020 stock to the fuselage, now the sides look too narrow :frantic Guess I'll solve that with the saw.

I added some latch detail in .010 Amazing how thick it looks in the picture ( More sanding )

Skua_progress_001a.jpg

And I'll have to start on this amazing looking resin engine soon. Hope it fits in the cowl when it's assembled .

Skua_progress_003a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks good :popcorn

Thank Bob, James and Warren . These limited production aircraft alway have some fit issues .It's mostly a battle of the minds in the end. This one has a bit of a different twist to it though .

Well, right or wrong at this point I am doing two coats of Future on this canopy.

When cured, I will vac-u-form a copy or two .

Cut pieces up and use where ( and if ) they fit . The others will be warped with some hot water.

The center section will already be .020 wider from the Vac-u-form to start with. We'll see.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back