• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bite size Komet FINISHED!!!

matrixone

Here is my little 1/100 scale Tamiya Me 163 I recently finished. This model had its camouflage airbrushed freehanded with the only masking on it was for the canopy and for painting the yellow nose cone. The thin black border on the yellow nose was hand painted with a small paint brush.
I did not care for the kits marking choices so I had to go through my spare decal box to try and come up with decals that I could use for the aircraft I wanted to model which was ''yellow 7'' of JG 400 a Me 163 that was based at Husum in April 1945.

402211646.jpg

402211660.jpg

402211655.jpg

402211651.jpg

402211644.jpg

402211640.jpg

Matrixone

you got that giant quarter in the way Les!

That's pretty amazing airbrushin' bubba! Way to go (y)

Thanks Moon Puppy and Christain!

I did not take many pics of this one for a reason, you will be seeing this model in the background of pics of some of my other new models.

Matrixone

Moon Puppy,
I make use of the forced perspective in some of my pictures, however lately I have not made much use of the effect because of the erratic weather in my part of the world which makes setting up the complete photobase risky if I were to get caught in one of the sudden rain showers we get here and the photobase would be damaged.

Matrixone

I will leave film to the expertise of a certain professional photographer that will remain nameless. :laugh:

Matrixone

Back