• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke Finishes Another Aircraft in November

Duke Maddog

Here it is, just under the wire; one more aircraft finished in November. This is the ancient Airfix TBM Avenger, the first ever Avenger I ever built for my collection. This was gifted to me by two friends who won it in my club's Distressed Kit Auction. I also got a Mk.21 mine and an F-6F Hellcat from Matchbox with the Avenger.

This thing gave me quite a fight at times. The turret somehow got frosted; I have no idea how. I polished it as much as possible for hours while waiting for other models to dry. This is the end result. I also had to replace the upper decal on the wing. A good friend from my IPMS club had a spare and gave it to me so I could finish this. Again, as with my Spitfire, all eye-level shots were far too blurry for posting and will have to be re-shot later. Here is the one shot that gives you some idea of how it looks in person:

full

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Back