• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Big Berlin Street Fighter

Hi Raider,

I just love the heavy/dark/mean look of Soviet WW II armour and you are doing a great job of making your JSU-155 look like those!
113.gif
The buff wash is something I'd never noticed on other models and it is looking bloody cool on your tank!
emoticon_nod.gif

Awesome build: I'll be following it closely! :)

Cheers! B)
Fernao

Re: Big Berlin Street Fighter "got er Done 12-26"

Not crazy about the pics,but real happy with the build,thanks for the looks and the encouragement.

DSC01294.jpg

DSC01292.jpg

DSC01290.jpg

DSC01293.jpg

DSC01295.jpg

Re: Big Berlin Street Fighter "got er Done 12-26"

first thing I see is the wet dry effect of weathering, oil spot and what not.. Well done! Well used and abused heavy metal look.

I thought the first batch of pics were pretty bad,so I bought a cheap photo tent and tried again.I think thes give a truer look to the build and make it look better.

DSC01304.jpg

DSC01299.jpg

DSC01303.jpg

DSC01313.jpg

DSC01302.jpg

Well you surely can see a difference, the colors look more warm than the previous shots. Do you think they are closer to where the real color is?

Kits looks great so far... But I think you have the wrong lights for photography. The latest set of photos seem too yellow. Although the colour balance on the 4th picture seems almost right.

No matter how you take the pictures, your JSU-152 is striking! :dude As I've said before, I really like Soviet armor, so this here build of your's really caught my eye. :)

The figure is in a very natural position and well painted: it really looks like he's actually operating that hatch. BTW, is he opening, or closing it...? :D

Congrats and thanks for sharing, raiderfan! (y)

Cheers! B)
Fernao

thanks everyone,I guess I need to keep tweaking it,Yes I think the 4th shot is probably the closest to the reall thing.

Do you remember if you used flash on that shot or was it just the light box lighting? Really thinking of getting one of those.

Definitely looks better in the tent. Looking at that tank I can see why the Germans feared the Russian or at least one of many reasons.
Looking good.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back