• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bf 109G-2 Trop

Bf 109G-2 Trop - Paint has occurred

Post-shading the top-side, just the upper fuselage and tops of the wings. Used the base-colour mixed with a little 'sand'. Sprayed at VERY low pressure in to the centre of the panels. The photo exaggerates the effect, it isn't that 'stark'.

Thanks for looking and/or commenting. Will leave this until after the weekend, then apply a couple of coats of Johnsons Klear to seal it all in. Have a great weekend all.

Ian.

Bf 109G-2 Trop - Main paint done

Nice airbrushing job on the model, Ian. You guys make it look so easy!

Tim

Ha !!, not easy at all, Tim. For me it's been years and years of getting it wrong. Nowadays tho' a great airbrush, some luck and a little skill/experience combined with some rare 'me time' and that makes the difference...

Thanks for the comments all, I brushed-on some Klear/Future yesterday so pin-wash next.

Ian.

Bf 109G-2 Trop - Main paint done

Fine airbrush work Ian!

Looking forward to seeing it 'come to life' after the pin wash treatment.

Matrixone

Bf 109G-2 Trop - Pin Wash

Thanks for the support, folks. Had a 'light work day', so managed to get the pin wash done with Windsor & Newton oils thinned with refined turps.

This evening I sealed it all with (another) brush-coat of Klear/Future. Next decals.

AFN

Ian.

Back