• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Belle of Belmont

I keep looking at these two pictures from Little Friends website.

un-l4.jpg

un-l5.jpg

Look at the drop tank. clearly painted gray. notice no reflection off that tank. but look at the underside of that wing. That's what's been bugging me all day, you see a shine, reflections, not something you would expect to see from "Non Specular (Flat) Gray" color. I do not believe the underside of the wings were painted. Can't say for sure about the fuselage because the shadow in these two photos but man, it's hard for me to see gray on the underside of those wings.

The more I look at that green, especially in the first photo, the more I'm convinced it's RAF Dark Green - but we've been on that merry-go-round so many times !!

Ian.

The more I look at that green, especially in the first photo, the more I'm convinced it's RAF Dark Green - but we've been on that merry-go-round so many times !!

Ian.

I'm in agreement with you on that. I picked up a Vallejo that is supposed to be a match.

Mmmmm, not so sure about that unpainted metal. Look at the LG covers- definitely gray, and the carpet usually matches the drapes, if you get my gist. Smooth surfaces are funny about refracting light, even under matte paint. That drop tank looks glossy in the second photo, but totally matte in the first. There's strong light pouring down from a high sun, with lots of bounce light off the paved runway.

Check the flat tank Chuck, the one on the rhs, that's the color that the underside should be, or close to it. Nothing reflecting on it. The round paper tank would be silver dope, think it's the paper tank right?

Look at the reflections around the underside insignia, that is why I really think this is NMF. Notice how shiny that reflection is and how it moves between the two pictures. That's just too shiny to be paint.

Also there were other aircraft who had camo uppers and NMF unders...:pilot

h387e21e.jpg

:pilot

Lots of bits and pieces so far. Primed, then the AlcladII black gloss. Then Airframe Aluminum and I knocked off the shine with some dark and dull aluminum. I really wanna pull those mask off for the invasion stripes but I got some green to paint yet. :pilot

Lots of bits and pieces so far. Primed, then the AlcladII black gloss. Then Airframe Aluminum and I knocked off the shine with some dark and dull aluminum. I really wanna pull those mask off for the invasion stripes but I got some green to paint yet.

Patience, Bob, you got this, matey... :good:

Ian.

Something I've always wanted to try and figure this is the one to try it on. Sort of like the Hairspray technique but not... :D
I did the AlcladII finish along the leading edge and sealed it with AlcladII Aqua Gloss. The green is Vallejo so a little mild thinner, Windex will remove it, took a qtip and rubbed a bit and this is the result.

hbf13fc1.jpg

Look back at the original shots and see how worn the leading edges are, that's what I got in mind.

Thoughts? :idonno

Thanks Chuk, might be over stated a bit, I can touch it back up some as I move on. :pilot

Been missing your updates, hope you have something really good for us soon.

Nice work Bob. I think the chipped leading edge really looks authentic. Keep it going! This is turning our really well!

Mike
:pilot

Back